Appgini cant write to this folder please select a folder you have write access to

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
urichard
Veteran Member

Appgini cant write to this folder please select a folder you have write access to

Post by urichard » 2022-07-21 17:47

Hi,

I'm trying to regenerate my Appgini database code from Appgine into the same folder in htdocs but every time i get "Appgini cant write to this folder please select a folder you have write access to"

Which then makes me to delete the whole folder and redo the whole thing from scratch.

I would really like to use the turtoiseGit and not have to delete the folder the whole time.

I have tried clicking on properties and read-only uncheck but when I open the file properties again it again is checked, I tried going to file properties/security and changing all the securities to administrator full access but still get the same problem, this is very annoying.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind Regards,
Richard
[email protected][/color]

Kind Regards
Richard

AhmedBR
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Appgini cant write to this folder please select a folder you have write access to

Post by AhmedBR » 2022-07-21 18:02

try to generate in a subfolder, use htdocs/app
this way if you want to work on other apps, each are in their location.
See how that works for you, this is what I do.
AppGini 22.14 - xampp 3.3.0 - PHP 7.4.30 - Summary reports - Calendar - Mass update - Messages - AppGiniHelper

AhmedBR
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Appgini cant write to this folder please select a folder you have write access to

Post by AhmedBR » 2022-07-21 21:37

One more thing, check if you have windows defender ransom ware (tamper) protection on, it could be blocking your access.
AppGini 22.14 - xampp 3.3.0 - PHP 7.4.30 - Summary reports - Calendar - Mass update - Messages - AppGiniHelper

urichard
Veteran Member

Post by urichard » 2022-07-22 10:58

Thanks Ahmed, this seemed to do the trick, but now im struggling to push pull fetch using tortoise Git if you have any knowledge or how to overcome this small issue please see the post here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4827&p=19783#p19783

Appreciate the help

Kind Regards,
Richard
[email protected][/color]

Kind Regards
Richard

D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by D Oliveira » 2022-07-22 12:54

this sounds like a permissions issue you can try running sudo chmod 755 or going straight to the directory and changing writing permissions, hope that helps.