Contract / Invoice / Report?

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
arcanebits
Veteran Member

Contract / Invoice / Report?

Post by arcanebits » 2022-01-10 17:07

Hi, my Aplication Works JUST FINE! and customer is Happy. Now, the Customer whats me to make the application make the (Contract) since the dataabase allready has al data (name, addres, phone email, service aquited etc) is there a fast N easy way to make an HTML form from selected data? I own the Udemy Couse and it has a INVOICE making Tutorial, but since AppGini has evolved since then, Dont know it this is the only or the fastest way. I Also own JSHelper Plugin.
Any help is more than welcome.
Aldo

arcanebits
Veteran Member

Re: Contract / Invoice / Report?

Post by arcanebits » 2022-01-14 16:18

any tip?

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2022-01-14 19:13

If you already know how to prepare a custom HTML page for an invoice, this should be a good starting point for other forms like contracts.

Writing HTML based forms will be much easier than programming a PDF - but there are limits when it comes to page header and footers on multiple pages, page breaks and more obstacles. If there is no budget for hiring a coder for PDF creation you will have to live with the well known limits of printing HTML.

I don't know any easy-to-use drag & drop database-connected print output designer AddOn for AppGini forms. So right now I have to create print versions on my own. If I need simple printouts, I use HTML forms most of the time. If I need well designed A4 letter format printouts with specific margins, text areas, footers etc. I am usually programming this as PDF.

Honestly speaking, creating a PDF takes much more time. For me, if a simple HTML form takes, let's say one or two hours. A beautiful A4 PDf creation + serverside storage + download option takes me one day at least.

In exactly one AppGini project we are using products of PHPDOCX product family for the a docx mailmerge functionality. They are commercial. This works quite well but licenses are expensive in comparison to AppGini and AppGini plugins, starting at 350€ for docx-handling or 600€ if you need PDF features, additionally.

It depends on your budget, knowledge and time for learning. As a beginner you should start with a copy of HTML invoice but remember there are limits in comparison to well-formatted PDFs.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

arcanebits
Veteran Member

Post by arcanebits » 2022-01-14 19:16

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Jsetzer
jsetzer wrote:
2022-01-14 19:13
If you already know how to prepare a custom HTML page for an invoice, this should be a good starting point for other forms like contracts.

Writing HTML based forms will be much easier than programming a PDF - but there are limits when it comes to page header and footers on multiple pages, page breaks and more obstacles. If there is no budget for hiring a coder for PDF creation you will have to live with the well known limits of printing HTML.

I don't know any easy-to-use drag & drop database-connected print output designer AddOn for AppGini forms. So right now I have to create print versions on my own. If I need simple printouts, I use HTML forms most of the time. If I need well designed A4 letter format printouts with specific margins, text areas, footers etc. I am usually programming this as PDF.

Honestly speaking, creating a PDF takes much more time. For me, if a simple HTML form takes, let's say one or two hours. A beautiful A4 PDf creation + serverside storage + download option takes me one day at least.

In exactly one AppGini project we are using products of PHPDOCX product family for the a docx mailmerge functionality. They are commercial. This works quite well but licenses are expensive in comparison to AppGini and AppGini plugins, starting at 350€ for docx-handling or 600€ if you need PDF features, additionally.

It depends on your budget, knowledge and time for learning. As a beginner you should start with a copy of HTML invoice but remember there are limits in comparison to well-formatted PDFs.

Hope this helps.

arcanebits
Veteran Member

Post by arcanebits » 2022-01-14 19:16

I Came here just to say I calmly view the videos on Udemy, and its pure gold, it teaches you a lot! I think that anyone who uses AppGini should purchase this, its cheap and it goes beyond and in deep about a lot of topics.
Capters 18-19-20 are what I needed.
Just my two cents.
Aldo