Appgini app as SaaS product

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
dlee
Veteran Member

Appgini app as SaaS product

Post by dlee » 2021-07-12 16:09

I have created a simple web app and I want to use it as a SaaS product. I have all ready decided to set it up so each customer has their own copy of the app in a subfoider, like the demo copy is. The beta version of the app is already online at https://accommodationpro.com/demo/index.php?signIn=1 (use demo as username and password).

My question is should I give each new customer the admin password or should I keep that to my self and then create a set of pages where they can create groups and add their users?

TD

pfrumkin
Veteran Member

Re: Appgini app as SaaS product

Post by pfrumkin » 2021-07-15 18:53

Normally I'd tend toward making this all a captured experience, but since each instance is partitioned from others, I don't see a reason not to provide an admin password. Of course you will want to make that unique for each instance.

You might also check with the AG team about licensing such usage. I'm thinking each of your customers buys a copy of AG as part of their cost.

~Paul

dlee
Veteran Member

Post by dlee » 2021-07-16 17:03

Hi Paul. Each customer would be paying for access to the webpages generated by Appgini, they are not using Appgini itself so no reason to purchase it or pay for t.

dlee
Veteran Member

Post by dlee » 2021-07-20 20:47

I was able to make some changes to the Admin area that will allow me to give the customer the super admin password without fear of what they will screw up. Send me a private message if you would like a pdf of the code changes.

TD