appgini vs php framework

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
riko01

appgini vs php framework

Post by riko01 » 2021-01-23 14:32

I want to know your opinion, what is the difference between Appgini and PHP Framework.
why do you choose appgini over php framework like laravel, ci, etc.

Thanks

landinialejandro
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: appgini vs php framework

Post by landinialejandro » 2021-01-23 18:31

with AppGini you have an application working without writing a single line of codes. With frameworks, you write less code, but you have to write a lot to make an application.
Alejandro.
AppGini 5.98 - Linux OpenSuse Tumblewweed.

Some of my posts that may interest you:
:arrow: Landini Admin Template: Template for Appgini like AdminLTE
:arrow: Profile image plugin: add and changue image user profile
:arrow: Field editor in table view: Configurable fast edit fields in TV
:idea: my personal page

SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Post by SkayyHH » 2021-01-23 18:34

Hi,

for me because I am not a programmer. Nevertheless, I created an app with it that can be used on customer servers. I had to make some modifications, but that was done through the hooks. I have been helped here by some experienced programmers on the forum (thanks again).

it depends on what you want to do with it. there are a lot of other tools besides frameworks. but they all have their pros and cons. I tried the most popular ones.

In order to deliver appgini to customers, you have to do some customizing. If it's for you and you want to set up a database with a webfrontend, appgini is already really awesome out of the box.

if you want to create an elaborate webapp you need to be able to program at appgini. At least php and javascript. And then the question is whether you do it with lavarel or not. For lavarel you will definitely find a much larger user base and more tutorials, sample code and help. but as i said, you have to be a programmer.

If not, use appGini :-)

riko01

Post by riko01 » 2021-01-24 08:23

thank you for your opinion. there is another opinion?

SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Post by SkayyHH » 2021-01-24 11:21

What do you actually want to ask? What is your need?

riko01

Post by riko01 » 2021-01-24 14:39

I'm just asking, maybe others have a different opinion.

pfrumkin
Veteran Member

Post by pfrumkin » 2021-01-25 14:27

I am not familiar with PHP frameworks so I can't speak to that. I have a developer background but I'm now more of a business analyst that likes to code. AppGini is perfect! With this I can define a database (I know how to do) and let it generate the code. I am not so good at UI so I am figuring out JQuery as I go. There is so much content in these forums, specific to AG of course, but also in regular google like stackoverflow.com so I can usually find an answer, it may fix my problem or it gives me ideas to fix my problem. It is so easy and fast using AG to build a prototype if not a solution.

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2021-01-26 08:28

Hi,

AG for me is a rapid application development tool: It takes a minimum of time to get a working application. Once that work is done I as developer can focus on function. (And I am with pfrumkin: I am not so good as UI - and so thankful for Jan's AG Helper).
Of course there are limits in AG, but you will find limits in everything - no matter which software or framework you are using.
A, no, better THE most important part is: development is fast.

Olaf