new user email

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
graham
Veteran Member

new user email

Post by graham » 2020-11-17 18:13

The process by which a new user is 'informed' of the fact that they've been added to the app seems a little lacking - or am I missing something? I'm adding the new User(s) via the admin panel (I don't want anonymous users in this example). And the person I've added gets the default email - but in that email I have to tell them that they'll be getting a further email with their username/password and the address. So not sure what the point of the default mail is .. would it not make more sense if that default mail also included their username/password? I could change the default email every time I added a new user to accommodate this but that's a very dodgy way forward. (Or as I say, am I missing something here?)

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: new user email

Post by a.gneady » 2020-11-18 11:40

You're right indeed. I've added a fix for this in the roadmap fir future releases now: Include a {username} and {password} placeholder that can be replaced with the actual user and pass in the email notification. What you can actually do right now is to include the password reset link in the email to let the user select a new password on their own: your_app_url/membership_passwordReset.php
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

graham
Veteran Member

Re: new user email

Post by graham » 2020-11-18 12:55

Thanks Ahmed... although I daren't send them to the password reset link right now because of the 4 character/1 character problem which you are kindly addressing. But if I can add placeholders in the email itself so that the default email in the admin panel says:
'Hi, blah blah, welcome, here's your {username} and {password} Blah blah.
If that's it, no need to touch the default email again - problem fixed.