<!-- creatorGroup --> to appear straightaway

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
graham
Veteran Member

<!-- creatorGroup --> to appear straightaway

Post by graham » 2020-10-21 12:24

Hi. I am using <!-- creatorGroup --> read-only as a default for a field. When User clicks to add new record the friendly group name is not automatically populated - it gets added once you have saved the record. My question is, how can I make it appear as soon as you click the add new record button? So User can see what it says before they complete and save the record? The reason is I have users who can swop Permission Groups (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3892) whilst in the app but if they forget to change their group (if it's necessary to do so) before they create a new record then (a) they might miss the fact that it's displaying the wrong group and (b) if they realise, they will have to delete the record and add another. Thanks.

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: <!-- creatorGroup --> to appear straightaway

Post by pbottcher » 2020-10-22 20:34

Hi,

as far as I know, there is no reference to the group of the user in the "create" page.
Add some javascript code to the page to populate the field with the groupname. This can be done in the hooks/TABLENAME.php -> TABLENAME-dv function. Expand the html with the necessary code.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.