DevTools failed to load SourceMap

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
rprevost
Veteran Member

DevTools failed to load SourceMap

Post by rprevost » 2020-10-02 15:11

Hello to you all,
I just started a new AppGini application using AG version 5.84 revision 1108. Everything looked just fine until I tried to customize the Login Page according to UdeMy instructions.
The background image did not display so I checked the browser console (F12) and I got this:
-------------------------------
common.js.php:1349 AppGini.currentTableName: Could not retrieve table name from page URL

AppGini.currentTableName @ common.js.php:1349
init @ common.js.php:1378
(anonymous) @ common.js.php:167
i @ jquery-1.12.4.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery-1.12.4.min.js:2
ready @ jquery-1.12.4.min.js:2
K @ jquery-1.12.4.min.js:2

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for xxhttps://xxxxxxx/covid/resources/initializr/css/bootstrap.css.map:xx Unexpected token < in JSON at position 4
-----------------------------------
So I emptied the footer-extras.php file in order to check if the php code was the source of the problem.
Result: Same error reported by console. Maybe I did something wrong somewhere in the configuration but I do not know what.

NOTE : I have another AG app which has been online for the last two years and the same error shows up in the console.

I have no idea how to correct this. I hope someone on this forum can help me.
Regards

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: DevTools failed to load SourceMap

Post by jsetzer » 2020-10-02 15:19

Hello,

I assume that many/most of us will have this console warning, as it is a known browser problem. To my knowledge the warning has nothing to do with AppGini or AppGini extensions.

Here is an article that describes a way to get around this warning.
https://superuser.com/questions/1523427 ... -extension

tl;dr

In dev tools check option "Selected context only"

chrome_ql2mtavFHe.png
chrome_ql2mtavFHe.png (12.62 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
This should remove warnings raised by other plugins or extensions.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

rprevost
Veteran Member

Post by rprevost » 2020-10-02 17:24

Thank you Mr Setzer for your prompt comment.
The checked "Selected context only" option did the trick for the DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for ...
but the "AppGini.currentTableName: Could not retrieve table name from page URL" error is still there. This error refers specifically to AppGini which is intriguing since you wrote that this warning has nothing to do with AppGini.
Anyway, since it does not impact on AG operations, lets forget it.
Regards

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2020-10-02 17:30

"AppGini.currentTableName: Could not retrieve table name from page URL"
Yes, there are a few posts in this forum about this. It is a well known issue on AppGini custom pages and pages not related to any table.

This console printout will not harm your other scripts so we all can ignore it for now. I have asked Ahmed (BigProf) about this months ago and he has confirmed it to me. He considers removing that console printout in a future release.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools