Issues while Saving Table Entries

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
uchhavi
Veteran Member

Issues while Saving Table Entries

Post by uchhavi » 2020-04-24 00:08

Hi,

I am facing 2 issues:

Issue 1: If in a table a field is marked Required (*) and I accidentally miss filling the field before hitting the save the table. The whole table refreshes itself and I need to fill all the fields again.

What I want is only the cursor to be on the Required field that I missed filling, so that I end up filling the would table fields again.

Issue 2: In the detailed view when i have filled the table and hit the save button, but instead of saving and staying in the details view only, it moves to the table view. So if I have to check it again, i need to open it.

What I want is after saving table, it stays in the details view it before closing it myself.

Now these issues happening only in case of a few tables, but I am sure which is the setting in appgini i need to do so that these issues are resolved.

Please can you help!!
Best regards,

Chhavi Jain

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Issues while Saving Table Entries

Post by a.gneady » 2020-04-29 14:16

Hi Chavvi,

For issue 1, if you are using a recent version of AppGini, you should see a warning if the required field is empty:

For issue 2, Please set the 'Redirect after insert' box for the concerned tables to end with ?SelectedID=#ID# as show in this example:
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

uchhavi
Veteran Member

Re: Issues while Saving Table Entries

Post by uchhavi » 2020-05-02 12:28

Thank you so much .... : )
Best regards,

Chhavi Jain