Avoiding Application Generation through Appgini?

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Avoiding Application Generation through Appgini?

Post by D Oliveira » 2020-04-22 01:11

Hello all, as many of you may know, when you need to create a new field in your table, the easiest way is to do it through the appgini application, BUT, if you haven't set some files read-only you might find a lot of your work replaced, and even if you did lock those files there are still modifications that need to take place to work flawlessly. So heres my procedure to inserting a field straight to the database and modifying the following files, please let me know if I am missing anything =) thanks

1- Create field in tablename through phpmyadmin
2- Add field to incCommon.php file
3- Add field to tablename_dml.php and tablename_view.php
4- Add field to respective template.html files both DV e TV

Am I missing anything? Thanks guys =)

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Avoiding Application Generation through Appgini?

Post by a.gneady » 2020-04-23 11:57

I wouldn't recommend trying to modify the code manually like that. There are so many cases where this would cause troubles, and is not guaranteed to be future-proof. The better and simpler way to handle this is using version control tools like Git/TortoiseGit to manage code changes as explained here: https://bigprof.com/appgini/screencasts ... de-changes
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.