How can I: Change the record source and data in details view?

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

How can I: Change the record source and data in details view?

Post by onoehring » 2020-03-14 09:18

Hi,

I am working on the field permissions ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3308&start=25 ) and I want to remove hidden data from the details view (I was able to remove it from table view. For table view I used https://bigprof.com/appgini/tips-and-tu ... sing-hooks as a starting point.).
By hidden I mean really gone, so checking HTML source will not reveal the data in some field.

So, how can I do this?

I am trying in the hooks/tablename.php -> function tablename_dv : Called when a user requests to view the detail view (before displaying the detail view) but this seems to be (almost complete) HTML. I am not sure, if some JS is working on the page once it has reached the clients page.
What I as thinking how it should be quite easy:
Simply replace some data from the source with other characters. This would do just fine .... but ... how? I am able to search through the HTML and replace some values in a text field, but textarea is different, checkboxes are different ...

So again, my guess would be:
Something that is not even there can not be seen by the user and is thus hidden.
Or do I actually have to go through the HTML in function tablename_dv field by field(type)?

The $options->QueryFieldsTV does not help (as it is for table view (TV) only).
Right now I am (a bit) lost.

Is there even a way to intercept the data acquisition by AG before it creates some HTML?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Olaf