How? jquery? Add extra (2nd) SAVE CHANGES button

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

How? jquery? Add extra (2nd) SAVE CHANGES button

Post by onoehring » 2019-09-29 05:29

Hi,

as my application is being displayed on small screens, it happens, that the user, even though changes are made in the top fields only (example:Container Code), has to scroll all the way down to save those changes.
I want to place a second save changes button at the top of the page (duplicate the original one, or "press" that by JS).

Can someone help me please? I do not see any ID which I would use for a jquery insert :-(

That button should be places at this position:
ec_extraButton.png
ec_extraButton.png (103.15 KiB) Viewed 31899 times
Thank you already
Olaf

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: How? jquery? Add extra (2nd) SAVE CHANGES button

Post by onoehring » 2019-09-29 05:44

Hi,

quick answer from myself: I have used this browser extension (Selectify: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/selectify/lpnjpfcjoodgemnipmlaobngfndgojki ) to get the corresponding ID (with a single click). Yes, I know, Jan said it can be found using F12 in your browser, but if you are like me and not so firm using jquery, the extension might be handy.
So I am working on the code already.
I will post my solution and will also post if I have any problems which I would need your help with ;-)

Olaf

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: How? jquery? Add extra (2nd) SAVE CHANGES button

Post by onoehring » 2019-09-29 07:55

Hi,

I said, I will report back, so I do.
This is the result right now, and I am pretty happy with it: When making the screensize smaller, an extra save button (green) appears in the header which, in a very small screen is placed directly above the actual record. Please keep in mind: this is a 2nd save button which simply "clicks" the original using JS.
2ndSaveButton_v2.gif
2ndSaveButton_v2.gif (220.05 KiB) Viewed 31894 times
The code I used in tablename-dv.js:

Code: Select all

$j('#ecomo_container_dv_container').find('.col-xs-12 div.clearfix').append('<a class="hidden-xl hidden-lg hidden-md hidden-xs btn btn-success btn-lg pull-right hspacer-sm" href="#" id="update_2nd" onclick="document.getElementById(\'update\').click()"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-ok"></i> Änderungen speichern</a><a class="visible-xs btn btn-success btn-lg btn-block vspacer-sm" href="#" id="xs_update_2nd" onclick="document.getElementById(\'update\').click()"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-ok"></i> Änderungen speichern</a>');
This should be easy to adopt for anyone, simply exchanging the #ecomo_container_dv_container to #tablename_dv_container!

The resulting HTML part:
ec2nd2.png
ec2nd2.png (24.71 KiB) Viewed 31894 times
Request for help:
I would like to request your help again to "clean up" the created HTML result.
The button code should appear above the clearfix - not in the clearfix. What do I need to change in my jquery?

Thanks already
Olaf