AppGini Helper JavaScript Library

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
soewandi

Re: AppGini Helper JavaScript Library

Post by soewandi » 2019-11-27 15:12

Hi Jan, would you please to add the option price for personal purchase and non-commercial (1 domain) for AG Helper Library.
I will very appreciate that.
Kind regards,
Soewandi

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2019-11-27 15:27

I have sent a PM to you.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

pilandros
Veteran Member

Post by pilandros » 2019-12-02 16:27

Hi Jan,
I was working hard, te setup a library with some of your already-included-features, for my AppGini projects. And I was amazed and pleased to see you already have a great JS library, which I inmediatly bought. Thank You and I just have to say that you did a great work by putting together all those features which I defenitily recommend to any serious AppGini developer.

I have a simple question on the latest release of the Helper Library, once installed, where should we look for the latest update? in other words, how to find out if we have the latest update installed?

Thanks

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2019-12-02 17:04

Hi pilandros,

maybe I can help: Simply click on the download link in your order email again. You will receive the latest version (at least this works for me).

Olaf

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2019-12-02 17:27

Dear customers,

there are several ways to get to know about updates.

Right now you can...
  1. subscribe to the AppGini Lib subforum:
    viewforum.php?f=13
  2. There is a separate thread for releases here:
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3329
  3. Regularly visit out BLOG:
    https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog/
  4. Follow @bizzworxx on twitter
    https://twitter.com/bizzworxx?ref_src=appGiniForum
Additionally, we are working on a email notification system (based on a AppGini App of course :D ) but we need some more time to integrate all that stuff with our build- and deployment-process and with both ordering systems, BigProf's and bizzworxx's.

Download of updates can be done, as Olaf has already mentioned, using the link provided in your order confirmation email. If there are problems with download, please send your ORDERNUMBER together with your EMAIL ADDRESS (the one you have been using on purchase) to us.

Keep coding!
Jan

PS: You will see the version number in the console of your browsers developer tools. If you don't know, yet, how to open the developer tools, please see the troubleshooting guide here: https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/support/troubleshooting/
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:

Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by D Oliveira » 2019-12-15 00:21

is it possible to let the side panel shrinked version to slide in detail view like the desktop version does?

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2019-12-15 04:22

I'm sorry, I do not understand your request. Can you please describe or add a screenshot?
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2019-12-15 07:18

Hi Jan,

maybe he means something like fluid design? If screen = small then use shrinked layout. If screen = large then use desktop layout?

Olaf

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2019-12-15 07:46

maybe
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:

jangle
Veteran Member

Post by jangle » 2020-02-07 20:35

Hi Jan,

I downloaded you app today and cannot wait to see what I can learn. I saw some information in another post about using it for field level group permissions. The post I saw was very lengthy and probably beyond my skill level.

Is there a direction you could point me. I have a group that has view only permissions but I would like to have one date field where they could accept an assignment by entering a date. but not be able to change any other data.

Thanks

Jim

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2020-02-08 00:34

Hi Jim,

AppGini itself does not support field-level permissions. Field-level hooks are my favourite solution, but there is no such thing right now. Ahmed and me, we have started discussing different ideas with pros and cons many months ago. It is getting more and more complex as soon as you start digging in. I don't expect a fast and unthinking solution.

So if there is no built-in support, I have made up my mind about different custom solutions. Summarizing, there is no solution for me which is at the same time...
  • simple to use even for non-programmers
  • secure
  • bullet-proof
There are several ways, for example using Javascript to convert editable fields into readonly fields, but all of them would take a lot of time to implement and also bring disadvantages.

A serverside solution using PHP would be great, but I'm also still looking for this. For me, such a solution has to fulfill at least the three criteria mentioned above and I have not seen any, yet.

A clientside solution does work, but can be outwitted. If your app will run in a secure intranet environment, I would go the javascript way. If it is on the internet, I would not.

This is my clientside (javascript) solution for secure network environments (intranet, NOT internet). As you can see in the screen recording, I can control the state of date-controls on button click. This has been implemented using Javascript:

ezgif.com-optimize (5).gif
ezgif.com-optimize (5).gif (222.37 KiB) Viewed 6955 times
(I'm sorry for the bad quality, I had to reduce size due to forum limits.)

By the way: I'm currently experimenting with dynamically exchanging serverside templates (from template directory). We can provide different views in different scenarios by replacing the template being used. I don't like copying code. And I don't like editing the templates every time I change my model. So this approach does not fulfill my requirements. But I will continue experimenting.

Is there a direction you could point me.
I hope this was helpful!

Best,
Jan
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2020-02-08 07:18

Hi Jim,

maybe you saw my post? Just make a copy of your files and try. Once implemented you will see, that it's not so hard and you will have learned something about the code AppGini produces :-)

Olaf

jangle
Veteran Member

Post by jangle » 2020-02-12 20:12

Thank you both Olaf and Jan.

I will try it out.... great info.... happy to learn.

Jim