Different icons for tables - how? and Solved

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Different icons for tables - how? and Solved

Post by onoehring » 2019-07-04 06:58

Hi,

I like the screenshots from jsetzers post ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3031 ), and I wonder is icons for tables can be set easily within AG or if one has to do this by CSS (and hints?)?

Solved it myself, so, here is how ... and it's sooooo easy:
Just click on the table icon top left when a table is selected and a icon finder pops up.
Free icons I like (and use) a lot: https://www.fatcow.com/free-icons - any other suggestions? What are your icons (commercial use permitted)?
ec_icons.png
ec_icons.png (141.31 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
You can find a hint in the manual as well (first entry on page 6) ... but table properties is almost to hidden in my opinion:
Table properties >Table icon
Click this icon to select a new icon for the table. The table icon is displayed in the homepage and the navigation
menu of the generated application.
Is that a trick? I am not so sure, but maybe it helps someone.

Olaf

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Different icons for tables - how? and Solved

Post by onoehring » 2019-07-04 07:17

Hi,
I notice, that the AG items are in fact the fat-cow icons (at least some of the latest version) :-)

Olaf

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Different icons for tables - how? and Solved

Post by jsetzer » 2019-07-04 08:10

Attention,

(at least in versions 5.7x) I've noticed that custom icons, copied to the mentioned folder, may be overwritten during installation of an AppGini software update.

Don't forget to backup your table icons and other customizations before updating AppGini itself!

Regards,
Jan
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools