Time Release Login / Awareness Phase

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Time Release Login / Awareness Phase

Post by D Oliveira » 2019-06-22 18:28

Hello All, I am trying to push a new application designed for the general public, the thing is, the data shows that my audience is too lazy to sign up for the platform to try it, so I was wondering how to accomplish a way to let the application "available" to everyone without having to sign up, and after the awareness phase, when people already developed a relationship with the application I would put the login system in place again to collect the customer's emails and develop more in depth functionalities with specific user's usabilities. So my question is simple, how can I temporarily disable the login system so that the user can freely access the app and then after a few months re-enable it? The good thing about it is that my app is consulting only for now so no worries on letting it widely available, user's will have individual features in future updates. Thank for reading, I welcome suggestions, have a nice day.

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Time Release Login / Awareness Phase

Post by onoehring » 2019-06-29 06:27

Hi,

there is the guest user. You could allow this user access to the parts of your site you wish the pubic to see. Or is there something I don't get?
After your awareness phase, just take the permissions away (but let the users know in advance and let them know, that they need an account from ... on).

Olaf

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Time Release Login / Awareness Phase

Post by pbottcher » 2019-06-29 07:42

Hi,
you can hide the signin option in AppGini and assign to the anonymous group the needed rights. So any user will be able to play with your system.
Signin.JPG
Signin.JPG (13.7 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.