A Bug?

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
thecomputerchap
Veteran Member

A Bug?

Post by thecomputerchap » 2019-04-08 10:10

Hi All,

I've noticed something weird going on...

Whenever I log in as anyone, a new record is entered into the membership_grouppermissions table for the admin group. This happens for every table in the system, and the membership_grouppermissions table gets filled up with duplicate records for the admin group id.

Anyone else seeing this?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: A Bug?

Post by a.gneady » 2019-04-17 12:22

Hmm ... sounds like membership_grouppermissions table is missing a proper unique index ... AppGini automatically tries creating that index but it would fail silently if duplicate records already exist. My suggestion below would involve redefining group permissions in the 'Edit group' page:

1. Using phpMyAdmin, empty the membership_grouppermissions table:

Code: Select all

TRUNCATE `membership_grouppermissions`
2. Create the unique index from phpMyAdmin, just in case your AppGini app is unable to create it for some reason:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `membership_grouppermissions` ADD UNIQUE INDEX `groupID_tableName` (`groupID`, `tableName`)
3. Finally, sign in as admin, go to the admin area > View groups, and for each group, redefine permissions.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.