Record Creation Confirmation

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Record Creation Confirmation

Post by D Oliveira » 2018-09-13 19:00

Hello folks app giners, here at our contractor office I have developed a nice and neat web portal for builders to submit jobs to us.

Once they (builder/users) create a record, usually they select a color, but after a few weeks they sometimes need to update a color change for that job but unfortunately they end up forgeting to update the portal and we end up going to a job with the wrong material and that has a cost to us.

I wanted to make a pop-up box to show when the user submits a new record, like a disclaimer: ' I AM AWARE THAT COLOR CHANGE UPDATES ARE MY RESPONSIBILITY AND I AM WILLING TO PAY $100.00 TRIP CHARGE IF NOT COMPLIANT WITH THE RULES'. Does anyone have a ready script ready to go? perhaps in the hooks table 'before insert' section?

Any help in this discussion is appreciated, thank you, have a nice day. :D

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Record Creation Confirmation

Post by jsetzer » 2018-09-13 19:36

Just an idea:
From my experience it makes sense to send them an order clarification email let's say couple of days before work starts. The mail should contain the most important positions and a link to the order on your portal. You could place your extra cost note there, too.

This will be a reminder AND give them the chance to finally verify the ordered positions.

Regards,
Jan
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools