Suddenly, it's impossible to sign-in under any username

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
rprevost
Veteran Member

Suddenly, it's impossible to sign-in under any username

Post by rprevost » 2018-07-16 03:09

Hello to you all,
Using v. 5.72 rev 1038
I worked for a couple of days on an app. All went well, I could sign-in as admin or as any other username I created in the admin section of the app. Sign-out without problem. I was done with this thing then I wanted to show it to my friends. Tried to sign-in as user (not admin) which worked all day long; but could not. I tried with admin username and password and got refused by the app.
I tried to reset the password via link on login page (email does not exist)
I checked the config.php and all seemed okay. I checked user table in phpMyAdmin and all the users are there (including admin).
I followed procedure outlined in Appgini Help (reset passMD5 of admin in config.php and in MySQL table (banned value was set to 0)
I spent hours creating this app (which I like by the way, thanks to Appgini) but now I am on panic mode since I have no idea on how manage this situation.
I would appreciate some help please. Regards, rp

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Suddenly, it's impossible to sign-in under any username

Post by pbottcher » 2018-07-16 07:14

Hi,
do you receive any error message when you log-in?
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

rprevost
Veteran Member

Post by rprevost » 2018-07-16 10:25

No error message. Did F12 and checked console. Nor error message also. Tried with Chrome, Firefox and cell phone. All the same. What should I do? Thank you.

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2018-07-16 12:24

Hi,

try renaming the config.php file and the setup.md5 file in the root directory. Call you app then you will be lead to re-setup the db connection and the admin user (maybe choose a new user).

Hope that works
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

rprevost
Veteran Member

Post by rprevost » 2018-07-16 20:49

For the sake of it. This behaviour was the use of an error in the language.php (french translation). It worked with the original language.php (english). So I downloaded the french version and replace the original language.php. Working OKay now.
Thank you.