MySql2AppGini does not save the generated project

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
ucevista
Veteran Member

MySql2AppGini does not save the generated project

Post by ucevista » 2017-09-24 08:31

Hi all.

I have a database created with data and I'm using Appgini to create a front-end for this DB. I tried to import the database by File->Import->MySQL database. The MySql2AppGini connects to databse correctly, reads the tables, I can select the fields but when it asked to save the file for the project (.axp) always i get the message:

An error ocurred while trying to save file. Please make sure the file path is valid and is not copy-protected.

I executed Appgini as normal user and as admnistrator in two different PC's but the result is the same. I tried too to change the compatibility running it for W7 and WXP but nothing.

Any suggestions?

The system I'm running is W10 x64.

Thanks for any answer.

ucevista
Veteran Member

Re: MySql2AppGini does not save the generated project

Post by ucevista » 2017-09-24 08:52

Hi all one more time.

For testing I installed XAMPP on my PC and created a new testing DB with a table and four fields. From local Appginie lets to me to save the axp project. I don't understand why if I take the database information from another server (it reads and get the information) the importing app does not let me to save the project.

ucevista
Veteran Member

Post by ucevista » 2017-09-24 09:33

Update: if i import any other database (default creaded by phpmyadmin) it works. I don't understand it, it fails with the databse user and with root user.

AhmedBR
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by AhmedBR » 2017-09-24 17:29

Which folder are you trying to save the file to?

Because usually you get this message if you try to save the file to C:, C:\Windows\System etc.)
AppGini 22.14 - xampp 3.3.0 - PHP 7.4.30 - Summary reports - Calendar - Mass update - Messages - AppGiniHelper

ucevista
Veteran Member

Post by ucevista » 2017-10-08 10:26

Hi AhmedBR.

I tried to save on everywhere. By default Appgini try to save at C: but I changed it to Desktop but no luck. I don't know why it occurs. If I try to import another database from the same server I can but if I use mysqldump to export the database and i import it on another server and try to import with Appgini with same PC or other the result is the same, can't save it.

ucevista
Veteran Member

Post by ucevista » 2017-10-08 11:10

Ok. I'm looking for the explanation of this and I opened the .sal exported file I get from databse and I copy-pasted the command to create te table I need:

CREATE TABLE `records` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`domain_id` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`name` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
`type` varchar(10) DEFAULT NULL,
`content` varchar(64000) DEFAULT NULL,
`ttl` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`prio` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`pass` varchar(20) NOT NULL,
`change_date` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`disabled` tinyint(1) DEFAULT '0',
`ordername` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_bin DEFAULT NULL,
`auth` tinyint(1) DEFAULT '1',
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
KEY `nametype_index` (`name`,`type`),
KEY `domain_id` (`domain_id`),
KEY `recordorder` (`domain_id`,`ordername`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=13 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

With only this (no data into the table and no more work made) I get the error. I think here is something that is generating the problem, may be the InnoDB option?

ucevista
Veteran Member

Post by ucevista » 2017-10-08 11:16

I Found it!!!

The problem was the DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1. I don't know why if I change it to UTF8 the I can get the table by import.

Any one knows why is it happening? I resolved my problem but I don't know why was this the solution.

Thanks a lot and I hope it will help to any other people with this type of problem.