Lock down some fields

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
eagle
Veteran Member

Lock down some fields

Post by eagle » 2015-12-11 14:37

1. In the Northwind demo I create a new order.

2. I then click "Order items" to add items to this new order

Please consider the following questions:

A) Is is possible to "lock" the order ID field?

When adding order items it is now possible to select other order ids. Can this be locked down, so that I can only add items to the order in #1 above?

B) Also, could we see the order details ( customer name etc ) on screen when adding order items?

Thanks for all help.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Lock down some fields

Post by a.gneady » 2015-12-14 04:31

You can set the order ID field as read-only in order details. That would effectively lock it.

To show the customer name in order details, you could add a lookup field in the order details table, with parent table set to orders, parent caption field set to customer name, and 'Auto fill' checked. You can add other customer info in the same way.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

eagle
Veteran Member

Post by eagle » 2015-12-14 10:29

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for answering.

>You can set the order ID field as read-only in order details. That would effectively lock it.

I tried that, but then the field does not save. When adding a new item the order ID shows correct as read only field, but in database it is stored as NULL?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2015-12-15 10:20

This issue was fixed in AppGini 5.50, released today :)
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

eagle
Veteran Member

Post by eagle » 2015-12-15 12:15

Thanks, Ahmad.

That worked much better :)