5.4.1 - CSV Import but only some fields and ...

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
table_otto
Veteran Member

5.4.1 - CSV Import but only some fields and ...

Post by table_otto » 2015-07-05 10:51

Hello,

I use AppGini 5.4.1 pro since a time, and now I will use it for my own litle store.

Project: warehouse logistic - every spare parts boxes in the warehouse will have a barcode with these informations:
+ ID (same as in AppGini)
+ spare parts number
+ actual quantity of spare parts in the spare parts box

I go to my warehouse with the barcode scanner, go to several spare parts boxes and take a number of parts out from. My scanner save it (I think) so:
+ ID
+ spare parts number
+ quantity of taken spare parts

At one time every day or 2-3 days, I will export my barcode sanner data via the CSV file and now:

-1- Can I do that with AppGini ? Or give it a other way to do what I want?
-2- How can I import the scanned data in my AppGini Projekt, so that after import in my AppGini table I see the right quantity of spare parts in the boxes in my warehouse?

My AppGini table lokks like this, at this time:
+ ID
+ spare parts number
+ spare parts quantity
+ spare parts barcode (the same as on the boxes) as picture
+ spare parts picture, to identify it clearly
+ spare parts purchase price
+ spare parts retail price
+ spare parts shop number
+ if existing, any existing cross reference soare parts numbers

Thanks for your help - i have made several litle projects with AppGini true, but in this case I search for ideas, hints and in the best case for a solution. :)

Best regards

PS. oh man, this weather is the hell. We have araound 40°C these days... :shock:

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: 5.4.1 - CSV Import but only some fields and ...

Post by a.gneady » 2015-07-10 21:27

Check the CSV import function in the admin area. It might be what you are looking for.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

howard
Veteran Member

Re: 5.4.1 - CSV Import but only some fields and ...

Post by howard » 2016-07-18 17:33

I am adding something similar to one of my appgini web applications.

My scenario is quite possibly similar to this and I have 2 questions.

1. Since I will be wanting to update constantly pricing information etc and also changing my quantities does the admin area import csv simply over write everything in the database or will it update based upon the imported ID of my inventory items only the changed fields?

2. Also since I will be basing my exported csv file on barcodes which reflect an item number I think it would be better to use a primary key which is a part number instead of a generic id? This way when updating(hopefully this works) either a price which has changed or constantly changing quantities the part number is actually a more easily identifiable item for each item in the database.

Thank you.