admin login error

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
dnetware

admin login error

Post by dnetware » 2014-12-27 02:37

I am Adekoya by name, please can anyone help to fix the error on my appgini application in a client website. Am getting error "invalid username or password" in the admin login webpage. I need your help cos am new to this application but I use php to develop website. I have changed the password from database end still the same error. The error link is http://www.alliedft.com/appgini/admin/a ... tors/login. please I need your help guys

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: admin login error

Post by a.gneady » 2014-12-29 21:30

You can reset your password by opening the "config.php" file, find the line starting with:
'adminPassword' =>

And change it to:
'adminPassword' => '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3',

Now, you can log into the admin area using your admin username and the temporary password 'admin'. You should then change the password from there.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

dnetware

Post by dnetware » 2015-01-01 00:44

Thanks a.gneady
But no file config.php am seeing admin_change_password.ctp and the code is:

<div id="main">
<h1><?php echo $html->image('user.png'); ?>&nbsp;Change Admin Password</h1>
<?php echo $form->create('Administrator', array('action' => 'adminPassword')); ?>
<?php echo $form->input('id'); ?>
<label>Your old password&nbsp;<span class="want">*</span></label>
<?php echo $form->password('oldPassword'); ?>
<label>New password&nbsp;<span class="want">*</span></label>
<?php echo $form->password('password'); ?>
<label>Confirm you new password&nbsp;<span class="want">*</span></label>
<?php echo $form->password('confirmPassword'); ?>
<?php echo $form->end('Save Password'); ?>
</div>
<div id="sidebar">
<?php echo $this->element('side_bar'); ?>
</div>

dharbitindy
Veteran Member

Post by dharbitindy » 2021-10-05 19:33

I suddenly cannot login as admin anymore and the below didn't work for me. Please help...

Thank you,
David
a.gneady wrote:
2014-12-29 21:30
You can reset your password by opening the "config.php" file, find the line starting with:
'adminPassword' =>

And change it to:
'adminPassword' => '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3',

Now, you can log into the admin area using your admin username and the temporary password 'admin'. You should then change the password from there.

dharbitindy
Veteran Member

Post by dharbitindy » 2021-10-06 02:51

I found the fix for this and is as follows;

You have to change not only the config.php, but also use phpadmin to modify the database user to match. There needs to be a way to have another Super Admin and this would be much easier to fix.

Cheers, David

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2021-10-06 17:21

Hi,

try to change the pwd to

$2y$10$nrt8C6FJNchiPSIeC2AlR.osAhbGUV3TbCDByn8vAhmSHiTT5qm/W

that would be the admin in the new version. Also remember to change the password also in the membership_users table
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2021-10-07 12:31

For those stumbling upon this thread, in addition to changing the password hash in config.php, you should also run this query in phpMyAdmin or any other MySQL admin utility (after selecting your AppGini app's database):

Code: Select all

UPDATE `membership_users` SET `passMD5`='21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc' WHERE `memberID`='admin'
Change admin in the above query to the actual administrator username.

https://bigprof.com/appgini/faqs#faq14

In future releases, I plan to make admin password resetting more straightforward than that, but the above should do it for now.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.