can not connect to database

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
quaxth

can not connect to database

Post by quaxth » 2014-11-23 08:17

I created an small apps with just 1 table, created the related database and get an error while try to start the apps.

I use AMPPS from Softaculous (http://www.ampps.com/) as WAMP on Desktop for to test apps. The Database I created in PHPMyAdmin with Username: admin and PW: xxxxxx before copy the apps to the www folder. Calling to the apps to start, I needed to key in the Username and Password as well as the Databasename and that gives me the error:

Re-typing the entries and get the same error again. On PhpMyAdmin I could open the database with no problems.

I still use version 5.0 of AppGini Pro.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: can not connect to database

Post by a.gneady » 2014-11-24 19:46

You could try a separate test script to show the exact cause of the error .. let's add the following code into test.php and call it from your browser:

Code: Select all

<?php
mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'PASSWORD');
mysql_select_db('titlic');
?>
Replace 'PASSWORD' above with your actual password and let's see what error message is displayed.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.