AppGini error activation

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
alexandr142

AppGini error activation

Post by alexandr142 » 2014-11-05 07:24

Hello!

I received an email with instructions on how to activate AppGini Professional Edition, but when I fill in the form and click the Activate button, I see the error of activation.

What can I do wrong?

The log file contains the "connection error". Why did it happen?

I wrote to tech support, but have not yet received a response. Screenshot attached to this post.
Attachments
AppGini_bug1.jpg
error of activation AppGini
AppGini_bug1.jpg (133.71 KiB) Viewed 7693 times

alexandr142

Re: AppGini error activation

Post by alexandr142 » 2014-11-05 11:32

Now I tried to activate an older version AppGini (4.50), but there was the same error ... I do not know what I do? I disabled the Firewall Windows, disabled antivirus (I have Avast), and still a connection error when activating ... :cry:

Please help me in this issue, I want to use this program already.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-11-05 19:24

Are you still seeing this issue currently? If yes, please try running AppGini the first time as an administrator. To do so, right-click the AppGini icon > Run as administrator.

Edit: One more thing that could cause this issue is having multiple instance of AppGini running. To check it, right-click your task bar > Start Task Manager > Go to the applications tab and make sure no instances of AppGini are running, then start AppGini as an administrator and try activating again.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

alexandr142

Post by alexandr142 » 2014-11-05 20:08

Yes, I tried to run, and as an administrator, and right-click task bar > Start Task Manager > Go to the applications tab and no AppGini was not in the process...

But still not working.

I'm at a loss and confused ...

Maybe you can activate in off-line mode?

alexandr142

Post by alexandr142 » 2014-11-05 22:48

Hooray! Successfully!

I do not know exactly what I did, but to open access service through Windows - everything is possible. And Internet Explorer updated, and it turns out he was working offline, I configured it for online, restart the computer and made ​​an attempt to update.

And it's a miracle! The program is activated!

Thanks for the help!

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-11-10 22:35

alexandr142 wrote: and it turns out he was working offline, I configured it for online, restart the computer and made ​​an attempt to update.

And it's a miracle! The program is activated!
Oh! Never thought setting offline mode in IE would cause this issue. Thanks for sharing.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Appgini_tester

Post by Appgini_tester » 2016-08-18 19:28

I'm having this same problem, when trying to Activate. But I'm working with Internet Explorer 11, which doesn't have an offline mode. So it's a different problem.

I sent out a support query, just a short time ago. They probably haven't probably looked at it yet, but I asked if we could activate it via email or some other offline way.

I set up and ran AppGini as Administrator, but received the same error that Alexandr did, 2 years ago.

Appgini_tester

Post by Appgini_tester » 2016-08-18 19:30

I'll try doing this in Safe mode with Networking, and see what happens.

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-08-22 15:22

IE 11 does still have an offline mode. But, it has been removed from the menus. There a registry key that controls it, which off-hand I don't recall the name. Also, IE connection properties may be a problem. If you're setup to dial a connection first, then IE starts up offline.

Might check those things, as it appears the problem is a connection failure involving IE.

rockettpc

Post by rockettpc » 2020-05-10 21:01

I am having this same issues, I had another Dell optiplex laying around, did a fresh install of Windows 10 got it fully up to date, installed appgini, and same error exactly. So strange, must be a windows update I'm wondering. I'm still not able to install this, I have sent in the support ticket, but is there any others on here that had the same issue and fixed it but knows what the issue is for sure.

espo
Veteran Member

Post by espo » 2020-07-21 09:50

I have the same problem too.
How can I solve it?
Appgini no longer works.