personal data visible only to selected members?

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
4thstar

personal data visible only to selected members?

Post by 4thstar » 2014-06-26 18:21

Hello.
on my previous post i said i was new with all this php programming, and also appgini, my apologies if these are simple questions, however my hope is that in time i will become better at this lol...

I am after some starting points as to how to achieve this....

i want to create an area for clients, mainly for a simple billing and invoice area, also a download section for their personal files...

i know i can set permissions for groups, but...

what do i need to do in order to set an item like a file download or invoice so ...
A.i can upload an invoice into the system and choose which client can see it when they are logged in?
B.i can upload multiple files into the system and choose which member can see them when they are logged in?

many thanks in advance for any help.

Kind Regards
Carl

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: personal data visible only to selected members?

Post by a.gneady » 2014-07-10 09:49

Hi Carl,

You could set the clients group permissions for the files table so they can see only their own records. This can be done in the admin area. Next, you can as an admin go to the files table and check the box to the left of the files of each client then open the "More" menu and change the owner of these files to the client's username. This way, that user will be able to see those files and not others. Please see this screencast: https://vimeo.com/97102072
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.