Look Ups Not Looking Up...

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
dssc

Look Ups Not Looking Up...

Post by dssc » 2014-05-14 18:17

I hope that the knowledgeable people on this forum might be able to help a relative newcomer.

I have created a simple database with Appgini where a number of tables contain look-ups to other tables. For example, if a person belongs to an Association then there is a look up to the name of that Association from a related table. Straightforward stuff. Works beautifully on my development server.

My problem arises when I transfer everything to the remote production server. Database installs ok. Membership system works ok. Pages work ok. But lookups don't work. The drop-down box simply says "Searching..." and the little spinning wheel keeps spinning.

Obviously something isn't reading something else or can't find it. Maybe an index problem?? Probably that human causing it!

I have checked everything I can think of and besides it works well internally. So what might the cause be? Perhaps someone here has come across a similar problem.

Thanks in anticipation.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Look Ups Not Looking Up...

Post by a.gneady » 2014-05-14 22:18

Hmm .. probably there is either a missing file or some hidden error message ... Here is how to debug this .. On Firefox, install a plugin named Firebug ... it should display a "bug" button on Firefox toolbar ... When you open the page containing the lookup field, and before opening the dropdown, click on that bug icon to open the Firebug console ... then open the drop down and watch the Firebug console for any error messages. If you see anything, please report it here.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

dssc

Post by dssc » 2014-05-15 05:03

Thanks for that Ahmed.

Here is the error message:

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined function: iconv() in <b>/www/<pathname>/ajax_combo.php</b> on line <b>137</b><br />

Line 137 states:

Code: Select all

$search_id = makeSafe(iconv('UTF-8', datalist_db_encoding, $_REQUEST['id']));
Thoughts welcomed...

artemisia
Veteran Member

Post by artemisia » 2014-05-16 20:05

The error msg is telling you that the php module "iconv" is not installed. You'll need to get that installed on your php server, or have your admin do it. I discovered that some new php version updates may have that module disabled for some reason, and my admin got it installed after I pointed it out.
~Bob

dssc

Post by dssc » 2014-05-17 05:42

Thanks for that information. Much appreciated. Have taken steps to rectify.

NiKofTime

Post by NiKofTime » 2014-05-19 13:42

i could kiss you!