Going loopy

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
[email protected]

Going loopy

Post by [email protected] » 2014-01-03 19:44

Hello all,

Been fiddling with AppGini for a couple of weeks and still have the same problem.

Here's the background:

1) Using NW as a start I've setup the NW app.

2) I've entered fake data to all tables.

3) When I get to the order table and select the customer from the drop down it hangs on Searching....

It is unable to pull the customer name from the customer's table.

What is wrong....

Thanks, Seamus

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Going loopy

Post by KSan » 2014-01-04 00:42

Welcome onboard. I had a similar problem with my dropdowns. It appears that if you have more than one dropdown on a table and if one has a faulty setup then all will behave in the manner you describe. Perhaps this is related to the AJAX code running behind the scenes to create the dropdowns. Please inspect the dropdown setup for each field on that table and see if you can disable them one by one to pinpoint the one with the problem. Hope this helps.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 2014-01-06 23:29

Thanks for the tip. I've tried every imaginable solution, still have the same problem. The problem seems to be the inability of the form to pull data from a different table....disappointed this is how it is working out. Had great promise, but will consider another approach.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 2014-01-07 23:15

I've tried to get it working again.

Here are the steps:

Create two tables

1) Applicant table

id - auto increment, integer
name-varChar

2) Review table

id - auto increment, integer
app_name (pull data from applicant table)
lor (option list --yes;;no;;maybe)

Upload to server....still the same problem.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 2014-01-08 03:19

Downloaded an older version. Installed it. Had the pages working in minutes. Methinks there is a bug in the new version. Too bad. The old version is a pain to setup and the new version is easy to setup...but doesn't work.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-01-08 15:24

I tried reproducing the same steps you mentioned at your first post on the online demo at http://bigprof.com/demo ... the customers lookup in the orders table brought customers data without errors. The second scenario worked as well (applicant and reviews tables) ... You could try to debug the issue using the Firebug plugin of Firefox by checking if Ajax requests return any error messages (Firebug's Net tab > XHR). My guess is that one or more of the AppGini-generated files got missing while you uploaded the application to your server.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 2014-01-09 20:33

Thanks, for giving it a go. I've tried it again. And it still hangs. It always seems to get into trouble when I try to add an order...I've tried Firebug, it doesn't show any troubles. And I've wiped the webserver and mysql database...Interesting how it works with old app gini, but not new app gini. I'm not sure what to try next. Any suggestions? Oh could it be permission problems?

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 2014-01-10 01:25

OK. Let's start from the top. Here is what I am trying to achieve.

I want a web-based application for reviewing and rating applicant files.

I see it having a form --applicant form [applicant table]-- that provides information such as:

1) Name
2) Job applying for
3) Applicant ID
4) Address (Street, City, Province, Country, Postal Code
5) Link to a PDF of the application

The data in this form would have links. Once the link is selected it would spawn a second form --review form [review table] -- that would include the following information drawn from the first form such as name and job applying for; this form would also include a reviewer field (name of the reviewer), criteria fields for evaluating the application such as letter of intent, writing skills etc --the criteria fields would offer the reviewer the following choices --yes, no, maybe.

The way I have been going about this is to create two tables --applicant and review. I try to link the tables by having the review form draw the applicant name from the applicant table. This is where it seems to hang up.

Like I mentioned previously I have tried this with 4.50 and it works and with 5.22 and it doesn't work. I prefer 5.22 because it provides elegant and pleasant looking web pages. I've cleared the web server data and mysql data. I've used an FTP program to transfer the php/html pages from my dev computer to the web server. BTW I am using a live server, not a xampp local server for Apache, MYSQL, and PHPAdmin.

Any help and/or guidance to accomplish what I am trying to do would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao, Seamus

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 2014-01-13 15:57

Hello all,

A confusing update. Yesterday, I spent time moving the project from using live servers to using XAMPP and a computer that has full administrator privileges.

I built a quick one database, two table project. I implement all the things the project requires. Loaded it to XAMPP.

It worked! So, now the questions are:

Am I missing transferring files to the live server?

1) Does the live webs server need different permissions? If so what permissions is it supposed to have?

2) Does the mysql server need different permissions? If so what permissions is it supposed to have?

3) My work computer does not have administrator permissions. Do I need admin privileges to use App Gini?

Thanks, Cheers, Seamus

NiKofTime

Post by NiKofTime » 2014-05-02 20:19

I am having this exact issue. were you able to resolve it? i am hosting internally on a linux server.