Save button disappears

This sub-forum is for discussing all topics related to AppGini Helper JavaScript Library, provided by bizzworxx as a third-party AppGini plugin.
bruceholt
Veteran Member

Save button disappears

Post by bruceholt » 2020-07-13 07:51

Hi Jan,

I have used the Helper Javascript on one of the pages and for some strange reason, the save button doesn't stay visible. See attached screenshot.

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Save button disappears

Post by jsetzer » 2020-07-13 08:37

Hi,

you can check if the save button still exists (invisible) or if it has been removed. In console of your browser's dev tools the following command should return 1 which means the save button exists.

Code: Select all

$j("#update").length
Narrowing down:
  1. Please temporarily remove the AppGiniHelper.min.js-script-include in hooks/header-extras.php
    AND temporarily rename the file hooks/TABLENAME-dv.js
  2. Then reload browser page (and don't forget to clear cache when reloading)
  3. Check for any errors in console tab of your dev tools
  4. If problem has gone after you have removed AppGini Helper JS Library reference, please send an email including your order number and the code of TABLENAME-dv.js to [email protected]
If problem still occurs, even without AppGini Helper reference, I guess this is not related to our Library.

In your screenshot also the topmost field has been cut, so I'm wondering if this is more a css problem. Also, there is no vertical scrollbar on the right hand side. There could be a problem with padding. You should temporarily remove any custom CSS styling and additional css-include for narrowing down the problem. Maybe the save button still exists but there is the navbar "above".

Regards,
Jan

PS: Just in case you are using Action Buttons (https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/products/j ... n-buttons/) please note the hint about "Keep action buttons visible when scrolling down" at the very top of that docs page.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

bruceholt
Veteran Member

Post by bruceholt » 2020-07-13 09:38

Hi Jan,

I have done as you suggested but the issue continues and no errors are shown in the console so I have sent you an email as requested.

Thanks Bruce.

bruceholt
Veteran Member

Post by bruceholt » 2020-07-13 09:39

Hi jan,

I forgot to tell you that "$j("#update").length" returns 1.

Bruce

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2020-07-13 11:52

bruceholt wrote:
2020-07-13 09:38
I have done as you suggested but the issue continues and no errors are shown in the console
OK, if you have removed all AppGini Helper references and the issue continues, this means the problems are not related to our library.

Did you eliminate your CSS customizations? As mentioned before, you should check padding and margins of body and nav and .container.

Regards,
Jan
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:

Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2020-07-13 14:09

bruceholt wrote:
2020-07-13 09:39
I forgot to tell you that "$j("#update").length" returns 1.
OK, this means the save-button has not been removed but is invisible - probably underneath the top navbar.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog: