Delay in loading the AppGini plugins

Topics related to AppGini plugins/add-ons go here.
zibrahim
Veteran Member

Delay in loading the AppGini plugins

Post by zibrahim » 2022-09-06 04:41

Hi there,
This may not be affecting most of the plugins users, but just want to share my experience and solution.
When opening the plugins page (calendar, SPM etc.) in the Admin Area, it took more than a minute to load the page.
I noticed that I started having this issue after changing my WiFi router and enabled the IPV6 in the router setting.
After checking, I found that whenever you open the plugins page, there is a function getLatestVersion which will connect to AppGini server to fetch the latest version and compare.
This fetching process may have some issue if you are using IPV6 (dns lookup process bla bla bla?).
So, what I did was disabled the IPV6 on my computer and that resolved the issue.
But it took a few hours to understand that. May be I was wrong but hey... now I can open the plugins page almost instantly.
The fastest way to open the plugins page is just by simply turning off your computer internet connection.
(I am using XAMPP on my computer by the way....)
I hope that AppGini team can look into this issue as more people will start using IPV6 in the future.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Zala.
Appgini 24.10.1579, MacOS 14.3.1 Windows 11 on Parallels.