Plugins Tab completely missing

Topics related to AppGini plugins/add-ons go here.
howard
Veteran Member

Plugins Tab completely missing

Post by howard » 2022-06-15 17:50

My plugins tab is completely missing now after trying to install a plugin? See screenshot. How do I get it back?
Attachments
plugins tab missing.png
plugins tab missing.png (9.26 KiB) Viewed 1782 times

crnjak
Veteran Member

Re: Plugins Tab completely missing

Post by crnjak » 2022-06-15 19:32

In root of your webapp do you have plugins directory?

howard
Veteran Member

Post by howard » 2022-06-15 19:53

Sure do
Attachments
plugins.png
plugins.png (24.23 KiB) Viewed 1768 times

howard
Veteran Member

Post by howard » 2022-06-17 15:51

I ended up copying an old version of my plugins folder to the new project and for some reason now its showing up.

The reason why isn't solved but I have moved on.

howard
Veteran Member

Post by howard » 2022-06-17 17:17

Now none of my other plugins show up on the list after uploading them to the plugins folder.

Any ideas how to make them show up?

howard
Veteran Member

Post by howard » 2022-06-21 17:11

Not very good support for this product anymore I see. So I bought a bunch of plugins that don't work. If I cannot use them I will definitely be contesting the charges on the credit card and getting my money back.

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2022-06-21 19:12

It seems noone else has such problems with plugins in latest version. At least I did not read any similar bug reports recently which could not be solved.

So here are a few general tips which might help you:
  • Did you follow the installation instructions?
  • Did you download the plugins from the official stores?
  • Does the rest of the generated application work without any plugins installed?
  • Did you try narrowing down the problem by removing all plugin subdirectories first, then starting with just one plugin?
  • Did you try without your individual customization? The screenshot you have posted ("Membership Management Homepage") does not look like a standard Admin Area screenshot. At least I cannot see the default navbar and buttons. I guess there are errors in console.
  • Are there any errors in console tab of development tools?
You are asking for free community help in this forum. From my experience there is a better chance for getting help and response if we get to know your exact problem better. If you could give us some more information, for example which plugin does not work, error messages, screenshots etc. some of us may take their spare time for researching and testing.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

howard
Veteran Member

Post by howard » 2022-06-22 14:44

We purchased our upgrade with the following plugins.

Calendar - we bought this one before so we paid for an update.

AppGini-Helper

AppGiniHelper-InlineDetailView-Plugin-20211208-01

Mass Update

spm

Summary_Reports

I then opened my old appgini application and added 1 new field to a table. Exported all the new files. No errors when it exported.

Uploaded all the new files and now only calendar shows up as a plugin.

I tried uploading all the new plugins to start installing them according to the instructions but none of them appear on my list.

I tried deleting all of the plugins except Calendar and Summary_Reports because maybe I have to do them 1 at a time?

But none show up except Calendar.

I did open a support ticket on the website as well.

Attached is a screenshot of my admin area and also the current plugins folder screenshot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
appgini 2.png
appgini 2.png (57.16 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
appgini 1.png
appgini 1.png (12.83 KiB) Viewed 1675 times

howard
Veteran Member

Post by howard » 2022-07-13 17:33

Still no replies. I did get an email from Ahmed but sadly nothing seems to make the plugins even appear.

They are all uploaded as the directions so but only the calendar shows up.

howard
Veteran Member

Post by howard » 2022-07-13 19:55

Tried removing all folders in plugins folder and as expected the plugins tab went away. Put summary_reports in and did not appear. Put calendar back in and it did appear. So something is missing.

AhmedBR
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by AhmedBR » 2022-07-26 09:25

Hi there,

Here are some tips, not directly related to your problem, but could be the cause:
The server I have been using was going through a lot of updates to the latest versions of "well' EVERYTHING

Try one of these, one at a time and almost sure you will solve your problem:

1. PHP version made things work or stop working.
PHP 7.4 seems to make everything I use work well
PHP 8.0 till 8.1.8 depends, some apps work, some apps do not (not exclusive to Appgini, I mean other apps as well).
CHECK YOUR PHP version and try to change to 7.4 (the server I am using allows me to choose from 4 different PHPs).
Yesterday I had a huge website made with wordpress everything seems to work well after updating to 8.1.6, except for one thing, it stopped sending email notification of a particular plugin (just one plugin, not all of them), we could not find any reason for this to happen, changed php to an earlier version and you guess it. working as it should.
Check your PHP CHECK YOU PHP.

2. Install everything from scratch on a FRESH subdomain (fresh app without anything modified just fresh Appgini app with the plugins one at a time from a fresh downloaded original file, not copied from anywhere else not even from your own computer).
I had one particular subdomain giving me headaches for no obvious reason, made a fresh one and all the problems GONE.

3. Check if your domain or subdomain has a file called user.ini (it is created by the server when you do some exclusive changes to your domain or subdomain)
Open this file and check what is in it, if nothing important DELETE it.
again on some subdomains it caused weird things to happen, like when you add a record the saving button kept loading and you could not save anything. removing this file the problem is gone.

What I want to demonstrate here, it is not always clear where the problem is coming from, and unless we can pinpoint the problem nobody can do anything about it.
Most of the time, we are just guessing or informed guessing to find the problem, if you do not know the cause there will be no cure.

I hope the above could help someone solve his problem.

Happy coding
AppGini 22.14 - xampp 3.3.0 - PHP 7.4.30 - Summary reports - Calendar - Mass update - Messages - AppGiniHelper