API Appgini

Topics related to AppGini plugins/add-ons go here.
wferreira

API Appgini

Post by wferreira » 2021-09-22 20:10

AppGine does external database API?

If so how do you do it?

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: API Appgini

Post by pbottcher » 2021-09-23 20:29

Hi,
can you please explain what you try to do and for what you need help. The information provided is very limited
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

wferreira

Post by wferreira » 2021-09-24 00:45

I'm going to create a health application that needs to get the tables from the database. Users will access the app to create their own shifts.

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2021-09-24 19:44

Sorry, I still do not understand what you need
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

jmacdougall

Post by jmacdougall » 2021-11-02 21:03

I am actually very interested in this same function. For me, I am an IT service provider and I want to build an app that can basically track head counts of various software on the hundreds of computers we maintain located all over my state. Can this be done with AG ?

I would like to pull the counts of how many end-user computers have particular software installed on them at any given time. (The yellow cells are dynamic data from external sites). I would like to look at a web-page that shows live information so we can accurately bill the clients in our billing software (Quickbooks). I know that almost all of our vendors have API to connect to, I just have no idea how to connect to them from a AppGini application or where to start. I know it is advanced but, was hoping for some guidance to get started and how to setup a sample that I can follow.

Thanks!
Table Sample_CCS_2021-11-02_16-01-29.jpg
Table Sample_CCS_2021-11-02_16-01-29.jpg (86.97 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
Jeff MacDougall

pilandros
Veteran Member

Post by pilandros » 2021-11-06 15:53

jmacdougall wrote:
2021-11-02 21:03
I would like to look at a web-page that shows live information so we can accurately bill the clients ...
Hello jmacdougall,
AppGini is a wonderful CRUD Application Generator (CRUD = Create Read Update Delete records) that works with Tables within a DataBase.
Meaning you have to link a DataBase to your project in order to work the CRUD concept.
If you want to develop an AppGini project using any live data from any other Application(s), First you need to save/convert that data into fields/records to be saved to a table within a database (Yes, you will need to design a database for your project). This task can be done in multiple ways, but my advice is to try the direct and simplest way to get the live data and to save it into a text file (like a CSV file) which can be uploaded into a table/database with an AppGini built-in functionality. Now, if you need to show a live-data which is constantly updated, you will need to think in a json like application design, which can also be linked to an AG application, via a database. If you are not comfortable or not familiar with these concepts, you probably will need to hire someone that can work this for you. But AppGini by itself will not solve your problem. AppGini is only a tool. A very nice and cost-efficient one.