AppGini OTP Plugin

Topics related to AppGini plugins/add-ons go here.
rngoda
Veteran Member

AppGini OTP Plugin

Post by rngoda » 2021-06-15 06:24

This plugin will enable you to activate two-step verification using email OTP in your Appgini application. Once activated, all users who attempt to log in to your application will be sent an OTP to their registered email for verification. This happens all the time a user logs in. To use this plugin you must use SMTP as your mail sending method.

# How to setup
1. Download the appgini-otp zip file into your plugins folder in your appgini project.
2. Extract the contents of the zip file and ensure it goes into the appgini-otp folder inside the plugins folder.
3. Make sure you enable SMTP as your mail sending method and provide all the required details for that.
4. Go to the Admin area and under the plugins menu you will see the Appgini OTP option, select it
5. On the plugin page you will see a green button written Install Appgini OTP, click on it to install the plugin.
6. After install the plugin will be active now: you will have the option to activate or deactivate it if you want.
7. All users who will now attempt to login will need to provide their correct username and password, then after normal appgini authentication, the Appgini OTP will send them an email contains a code they will use to verify their identity. If a user doesn't provide this code, they cannot access the account or perform any operations.

DOwnload it from github: https://github.com/ronniengoda/appgini-otp-plugin
Want to see it in action? create an account and try login here: https://payherokenya.com/sps/portal

That's it!! I hope you have a great experience using this plugin, in case of any problem don't fail to raise an issue or a better suggestion.
I'm a software engineer specializing in web database application development for complex scalable web apps.

Buy AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini: HERE
Buy Cloud Storage Plugin For Appgini HERE

Checkout AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini Tutorials On Youtube

For support Email: [email protected] Whatsappp: Me Here

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: AppGini OTP Plugin

Post by onoehring » 2021-06-15 17:54

Hi,

I haven't tried yet, but it sounds very good. Thank you for sharing.
Olaf

landinialejandro
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by landinialejandro » 2021-06-16 12:23

hi!
i haven't tested yet, but great job!
Alejandro.
AppGini 5.98 - Linux OpenSuse Tumblewweed.

Some of my posts that may interest you:
:arrow: Landini Admin Template: Template for Appgini like AdminLTE
:arrow: Profile image plugin: add and changue image user profile
:arrow: Field editor in table view: Configurable fast edit fields in TV
:idea: my personal page

hydrald7

Post by hydrald7 » 2022-06-07 08:37

Hello
I just installed your plugins, only there is a problem with the installation as you can see on the screenshot.
I am under appgini 22.13, maybe there is a fix for this latest version?
Thank you for your help because your work is excellent and it is a great contribution to our community.
Thanks for any information you can give me.
Best regards
Attachments
CaptureOTP.PNG
CaptureOTP.PNG (125.15 KiB) Viewed 1883 times

peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by peebee » 2022-06-08 22:52

Just downloaded from github and installed as per instructions on current Appgini V22.13

Installed as expected and worked exactly as described. An excellent addition to Appgini and thanks for sharing. Appreciated.

@hydrald7 - not sure what the problem is for you but I think the issue might be at your end rather than the actual plugin itself?

crnjak
Veteran Member

Post by crnjak » 2022-06-09 09:15

hydrald7 wrote:
2022-06-07 08:37
Hello
I just installed your plugins, only there is a problem with the installation as you can see on the screenshot.
I am under appgini 22.13, maybe there is a fix for this latest version?
Thank you for your help because your work is excellent and it is a great contribution to our community.
Thanks for any information you can give me.
Best regards
What is your version of MySQL? In new version of MariaDB you need to remove from config
sql_mode=NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
to
sql_mode=''
then will work OK

AhmedBR
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by AhmedBR » 2022-07-26 09:29

rngoda wrote:
2021-06-15 06:24

7. All users who will now attempt to login will need to provide their correct username and password, then after normal appgini authentication, the Appgini OTP will send them an email contains a code they will use to verify their identity. If a user doesn't provide this code, they cannot access the account or perform any operations.
Nice work, well done.
Is there an option to make it only for selected users?

Thanks
AppGini 22.14 - xampp 3.3.0 - PHP 7.4.30 - Summary reports - Calendar - Mass update - Messages - AppGiniHelper

rngoda
Veteran Member

Post by rngoda » 2022-07-26 10:39

AhmedBR wrote:
2022-07-26 09:29
rngoda wrote:
2021-06-15 06:24

Nice work, well done.
Is there an option to make it only for selected users?

Thanks
Hello, this functionality is now available in my Appgini LTE PLugin. You can enable this OTP for any user group you wish. You can check out the features from the following link https://ronthedev.gumroad.com/l/appginiltepro
I'm a software engineer specializing in web database application development for complex scalable web apps.

Buy AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini: HERE
Buy Cloud Storage Plugin For Appgini HERE

Checkout AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini Tutorials On Youtube

For support Email: [email protected] Whatsappp: Me Here