Appgini Database-Backup-Restore-Plugins

Topics related to AppGini plugins/add-ons go here.
rngoda
Veteran Member

Appgini Database-Backup-Restore-Plugins

Post by rngoda » 2021-03-30 14:44

This contains two plugins that work hand in hand to help you easily and quickly back up and restore your Appgini database. Simply download the zip file and extract it in your plugins folder. https://github.com/ronniengoda/Database ... ore-Plugin
Head over to the admin area and you will find the two plugins available in the plugins menu.
To backup, your database simply clicks on the DB Backup plugin and a backup process will begin automatically, and your database backup will be stored as a gzip file.
To restore your database simply click on the DB Restore and you will be presented with an interface to select the backup file you want to restore from the available backup files that you have made/created.
PRO TIP
If you wish to perform automated backups either daily, weekly, monthly, etc you can easily do that using CRON jobs or I suggest using http://atrigger.com a simple & powerful tool to do all timing and scheduling tasks in your app at an affordable price: free! simply hit the backup file in the plugins folder like yourdomain.com/plugins/db-backup replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name.

That's it!! I hope this will help someone, enjoy!!!

I'm a software engineer specializing in web database application development for complex scalable web apps.

Buy AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini: HERE
Buy Cloud Storage Plugin For Appgini HERE

Checkout AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini Tutorials On Youtube

For support Email: [email protected] Whatsappp: Me Here

landinialejandro
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Appgini Database-Backup-Restore-Plugins

Post by landinialejandro » 2021-04-01 12:39

Excellent, Great!

regards
Alejandro.
AppGini 5.98 - Linux OpenSuse Tumblewweed.

Some of my posts that may interest you:
:arrow: Landini Admin Template: Template for Appgini like AdminLTE
:arrow: Profile image plugin: add and changue image user profile
:arrow: Field editor in table view: Configurable fast edit fields in TV
:idea: my personal page

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2021-04-02 06:56

Hi Ronnie,

thank you for publishing your plugin.
I have a question (did not try add on yet): You are writing, one can use a cron service to run the backup. It does not sound like the plugin is checking for some password before backing up the file. Is that correct?
In this case everyone could create a backup by calling the URL - which could be interpreted as a security risk for a site (as one could also run multiple backups and stall access to the database).

Olaf

AhmedBR
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by AhmedBR » 2022-07-31 00:26

Hi,

Yes, it is a security risk, tried it today as a guest.

If someone decide to use it, should include a check for logged users, and better still only for admin.
Here is how to do it:
https://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanc ... cess-pages
AppGini 22.14 - xampp 3.3.0 - PHP 7.4.30 - Summary reports - Calendar - Mass update - Messages - AppGiniHelper