SPM Search Bug for Lookup Fields

Topics related to AppGini plugins/add-ons go here.
sclifton

SPM Search Bug for Lookup Fields

Post by sclifton » 2020-11-21 13:15

I believe there is a bug in the SPM plugin when managing simple SPM filter searches for lookup fields.

I have a Contacts table with a Lookup field (Associated Mentor) whose ID values are drawn from a MySQL View that references the mentor's ID, and shows their Name in the field itself in Table/Detail view when displayed.

When adding/editing a record, the lookup dropdown displays the list of mentors concatenated with the number of mentorees they are currently managing. All works fine in Table/Detail/Advanced search if I select that field and do a "Like" against the mentor's surname, the associated records are found, but if I setup a SPM simple filter for that table and simply select a dropdown value for that field of "John Doe (Mentorees: 1)" which should just do a simple ID comparison for all records matching the underlying ID, no records are displayed.

Feedback appreciated and/or timescale or workaround to fix.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: SPM Search Bug for Lookup Fields

Post by a.gneady » 2020-12-03 12:01

Hello and sorry for the long delay. To make sure I understand correctly, you have a lookup field in your SPM-generated search page, and when you try to select an item from the drop-down, the search results don't return any matches, but in advanced search mode, matches are returned without issues, correct?

I tried to reproduce this but was unable to ... So, if possible, kindly send me the AXP project file stored in plugins/projects (this one contains the SPM config, the original project file won't have SPM config saved into it). And also kindly send me a sample data dump to check this issue.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.