Calendar / InlineDV Plugin errors

Topics related to AppGini plugins/add-ons go here.
ckebbell
Veteran Member

Calendar / InlineDV Plugin errors

Post by ckebbell » 2020-07-16 01:33

Hi all

I have purchased the Calendar and Inline DV Plugin. Unfortunately neither of them work correctly - when I click on either link on the Admin page, I can only see a file directory of each plugin (not the index page).

I then have to click on the index page and I can see the pages shown in the screenshots on the plugin pages (file upload page for Calendar and Interface page for Inline DV).

When I upload my axp file, the page freezes then crashes my system. It is stuck on generating and then, when I refresh, it says I can upload a new file or go to existing project. When I click on go to project, I get an error - project not found.

When I click on the Inline DV Plugin index.php, I can see the interface showing a list of tables. When I toggle the switches on / off, nothing happens. The icon does not turn green and also the inline DV does not appear in the selected table.

I have deleted the files from my server, uploaded again and still nothing. I have cleared my cache, restarted my laptop, tried both plugins, still just the directory pages then nothing. I haven't tried uploading to my local xampp server, as I am using a web server to test my latest app version before releasing it company wide.

I am happy to upload screenshots of the above. I am using the latest 5.83 (patch released yesterday). Not sure if it is helpful, but I am using PHP 7.3.6 and mysql 5.6.43.

Please can someone help?

sathukorala
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Calendar / InlineDV Plugin errors

Post by sathukorala » 2020-07-16 03:45

You can try to run it locally in wamp or xamp server and test the app.
Several things can give rise to your problem like directory access permissions and folder structure errors
But first try the app in a local server to see any errors. If it works fine on a local server then the problem may be in the online server

ckebbell
Veteran Member

Post by ckebbell » 2020-07-16 21:43

Hi sathukorala

Thank you for your reply. I have changed the permissions on the plugins folder and subfolders, just in case. This hasn't worked, I still get a directory view when I click on the plugin link from the dropdown (url seems correct? http://{MYWEBSITE}/plugins-dv)
inlineDV.JPG
inlineDV.JPG (26.1 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
I uploaded as per instruction - created a plugins folder, uploaded the calendar and inline dv into it. Please see screenshot below
filestructure.JPG
filestructure.JPG (53 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
So I think the file structure and file permissions are ok? I also cleared my cache (am using Firefox) and did a Ctrl+F5 refresh, but I get the same directory view when I click on the plugin links in the dropdown.

I will try uploading to my local server over the weekend to see if there is any difference and report back.

Thank you

ckebbell
Veteran Member

Post by ckebbell » 2020-07-28 02:21

hi sathukorala (and anyone else who can help!)

I tried my local xampp server and although the calendar plugin started working (it allowed me to upload an AXP file) this is as far as I got. I can't get beyond the upload screen, and if I do anything else, it says I have an existing project but will not allow me to access it.

I tried the solutions by fgazza and hgarbe in this post viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3758 and just installed the calendar plugin only. As fgazza found, the screen freezes and then I cannot access the uploaded project.

I haven't tried installing multiple plugins yet - I just want to get one of them to work first!

So how can I resolve any directory access permissions or folder structure errors to get it working on my online web server?