Filtered lookup and Search Page Maker

Topics related to AppGini plugins/add-ons go here.
hernan

Filtered lookup and Search Page Maker

Post by hernan » 2020-07-03 11:57

Hi,
First time I post a question.

I have a lookup field called "projects" (coming from a "Projects" table) in a "Followup" table, where I create followup actions for different projects.
When creating a new line in the "Followup" table I filter out the "closed" projects, since they do not need any new followup action, so I managed to filter out the closed projects from the lookup field following the YouTube video ("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv8e626zv5M - Filtering a lookup menu by customizing the SQL query" . It works as expected: when creating a new "Followup" line the lookup will not inlcude any "closed" projects. Nice.

Now, the problem comes when using the Search Page Maker to create filters for the "Followup" table.
The "projects" field from SPM will also exclude all the "closed" projects, even thou I have lines linked to "closed" projects that I may want to search.
If, for example, I want to see all the actions taken related to a now closed project, I can't search for that using SPM since it will not show closed projects in the "Projects" lookup field.

Does any one have a tip on how I could fix this behavior without touching the ajax_combo.php or the SPM automatically generated files?
I would like to avoid touching automatically generated code and try to touch only files under hooks or modifying at AppGini project level.

Thank you very much.