Calendar plugin for AppGini version 1.0 released

Topics related to AppGini plugins/add-ons go here.
a.gneady
Site Admin

Calendar plugin for AppGini version 1.0 released

Post by a.gneady » 2020-03-30 12:57

Calendar Plugin for AppGini

We're thrilled to announce the release of our latest AppGini plugin. The Calendar plugin adds another intuitive and powerful tool to your AppGini apps, that your users will love ♥

4 familiar calendar views

Calendar plugin displays events from your database in 4 calendar views that users can easily switch between with a button click and no delay:
  • Month view
  • Week view (showing 7 days, with a time grid)
  • Day view (with a time grid)
  • Agenda (list) view, displaying list of events of an entire week.

Add multiple color-coded event types to each calendar

Calendar plugin allows you to create one or more calendars, and select one or more types of events to display in each calendar. You can assign a different color to each type of events for easier recognition by users.

View (and edit) events details

When users click on an event, this opens the detail view of the corresponding record in a modal window on top of the calendar. Users can then view other event details, and even make changes to the event (if they have permission to). When the user closes the modal window, changes are automatically applied in the calendar.

Easily customize calendars to match all your use cases

You can specify a custom WHERE clause when creating events. For example, you could distinguish non-shipped orders, giving them a red color, from shipped ones, with green color, by creating 2 separate 'order' events, each with different WHERE conditions.

Add new events directly inside the calendar

Users with insert permission to an event's table can click anywhere inside a calendar to create a new event, just like in Google Calendar. The new event will have its date/time fields smartly adjusted to the matching date/time in the calendar, saving users a few steps each time.

Calendar plugin homepage
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

ronwill
Veteran Member

Re: Calendar plugin for AppGini version 1.0 released

Post by ronwill » 2020-03-30 18:35

Brill, installed and easy/informative to use, looks good, great addition to the Plugins family.
Highly recommended.
Cheers,
Ron
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course

hgarbe
Veteran Member

Post by hgarbe » 2020-03-30 19:15

Hi all,

first I really like the new plugin!
Created a new project with a single db table. Uploaded it and worked as expected.
But when I try to do the same with existing Projects (all created with Version 5.82) the import of the .axp File fails.
The Error Messages just says "undefined". Is there any detailed error log?
My apologies when posted in the wrong thread.
Attachments
Error apx import.jpg
Error apx import.jpg (43.78 KiB) Viewed 457333 times

hgarbe
Veteran Member

Post by hgarbe » 2020-03-30 19:49

hgarbe wrote:
2020-03-30 19:15
Hi all,

first I really like the new plugin!
Created a new project with a single db table. Uploaded it and worked as expected.
But when I try to do the same with existing Projects (all created with Version 5.82) the import of the .axp File fails.
The Error Messages just says "undefined". Is there any detailed error log?
My apologies when posted in the wrong thread.
Found the Problem. The axp-Filename was it. A Space in the Filename caused the error.

zibrahim
Veteran Member

Post by zibrahim » 2020-03-31 05:19

Hello,
Great plugins to begin with. Dowloaded and installed. Everything is working fine except I am having problem when adding new events directly from inside the calendar. It opened the data entry page when I click the "plus" sign, however, I still could't figure out how to pass the date and time correctly to the entry fields as mentioned.
Appreciate if someone can help me with this.
Thanks.

Zala.
Zala.
Appgini 24.10.1579, MacOS 14.3.1 Windows 11 on Parallels.

ronwill
Veteran Member

Post by ronwill » 2020-03-31 12:46

zibrahim wrote:
2020-03-31 05:19
Hello,
Great plugins to begin with. Dowloaded and installed. Everything is working fine except I am having problem when adding new events directly from inside the calendar. It opened the data entry page when I click the "plus" sign, however, I still could't figure out how to pass the date and time correctly to the entry fields as mentioned.
Appreciate if someone can help me with this.
Thanks.

Zala.
Hi,
Have you created an event table (source table) with both date from/to fields and time from/to fields?
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages

zibrahim
Veteran Member

Post by zibrahim » 2020-03-31 14:26

Hi Ron, thanks for replying.
Yes, I have a table with Start and End date fields but field type is date. Do you mean that this only work with datetime field type only?

Zala.
Zala.

ronwill
Veteran Member

Post by ronwill » 2020-03-31 15:27

zibrahim wrote:
2020-03-31 14:26
Yes, I have a table with Start and End date fields but field type is date. Do you mean that this only work with datetime field type only?

Zala.
No, date field type for the date and also add a time field for both start and end times
Cheers,

balfons
Veteran Member

Post by balfons » 2020-03-31 16:40

Hi
I've purchased, installed and enjoyed the new plugin!!! Great stuff!!!

A couple of comments:
1. It would be great for future releases to be able to filter/select the event type for simplifying the view.
2. It would be great to make at least the agenda view searchable.

And a question:

Is it possible to subscribe to calendars or is there a way to publish the elements to an external calendar?

Thanks

howard
Veteran Member

Post by howard » 2020-03-31 19:22

Ok I have installed and added my plugin and setup a calendar. I am using it to schedule job tickets. How do I get the tickets to show up so I can add them to the calendar for each person? I only see hot to make a new ticket within a day. Nothing else shows up.

jsparling

Post by jsparling » 2020-03-31 20:24

Love the plugin! The only issue is that the "hooks/calendar-Calibration.php" does not include a Print button. If it had that ... it would be perfect. If you're wondering why I need to print a DB record from the calendar ... I work for a company manufacturing medical devices. A "DB record by itself" is not sufficient evidence that the record is valid. I need to print the record, initial and date that record, then scan it. If we update the record from within the calendar, I would have to go to the original DB record to print it. Any thoughts on how I could do this?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2020-04-01 17:56

zibrahim wrote:

Zala.
The start date field you specified when creating the event type in the plugin would be automatically populated when you create an event by clicking a cell in the calendar. If this is not happening on your side, do you see any errors reported in the browser console? (you can display the console by pressing F12)
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2020-04-01 18:00

balfons wrote:
2020-03-31 16:40
Hi
I've purchased, installed and enjoyed the new plugin!!! Great stuff!!!

A couple of comments:
1. It would be great for future releases to be able to filter/select the event type for simplifying the view.
2. It would be great to make at least the agenda view searchable.

And a question:

Is it possible to subscribe to calendars or is there a way to publish the elements to an external calendar?

Thanks
Thanks @balfons! I have added your 2 suggestions to the backlog of the Calendar plugin. Regarding subscribing to calendars, if I understand correctly, this means sending an email notification when a new event is added, right? Since calendar events are effectively records in AppGini, you could use the tablename_after_insert hook to send the email notification as explained in this example.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2020-04-01 18:32

howard wrote:
2020-03-31 19:22
Ok I have installed and added my plugin and setup a calendar. I am using it to schedule job tickets. How do I get the tickets to show up so I can add them to the calendar for each person? I only see hot to make a new ticket within a day. Nothing else shows up.
If I understand correctly, you're not seeing events (tickets) in the calendar. If you are using a custom where condition when defining event types in the plugin, maybe the condition is incorrect leading to no events being displayed. It would help if you post a screenshot of how the event is defined in the plugin.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2020-04-01 18:33

jsparling wrote:
2020-03-31 20:24
Love the plugin! The only issue is that the "hooks/calendar-Calibration.php" does not include a Print button. If it had that ... it would be perfect. If you're wondering why I need to print a DB record from the calendar ... I work for a company manufacturing medical devices. A "DB record by itself" is not sufficient evidence that the record is valid. I need to print the record, initial and date that record, then scan it. If we update the record from within the calendar, I would have to go to the original DB record to print it. Any thoughts on how I could do this?
Thanks for the feedback :)
Do you want to print the calendar or the record itself?

howard
Veteran Member

Post by howard » 2020-04-01 19:40

a.gneady wrote:
2020-04-01 18:32
howard wrote:
2020-03-31 19:22
If I understand correctly, you're not seeing events (tickets) in the calendar. If you are using a custom where condition when defining event types in the plugin, maybe the condition is incorrect leading to no events being displayed. It would help if you post a screenshot of how the event is defined in the plugin.
I have no where condition and still have no tickets showing up calendar is blank. I can only add a new job ticket from the big + symbol. I see no way to add anything existing to my calendar.

zibrahim
Veteran Member

Post by zibrahim » 2020-04-02 09:31

a.gneady wrote:
2020-04-01 17:56
zibrahim wrote:

Zala.
The start date field you specified when creating the event type in the plugin would be automatically populated when you create an event by clicking a cell in the calendar. If this is not happening on your side, do you see any errors reported in the browser console? (you can display the console by pressing F12)
No error reported in the browser console.
Zala.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2020-04-02 11:45

howard wrote:
2020-04-01 19:40
I have no where condition and still have no tickets showing up calendar is blank. I can only add a new job ticket from the big + symbol. I see no way to add anything existing to my calendar.
I guess it would be more helpful if I take a look on your AXP project file (the one inside plugins/projects rather than the one you uploaded to the plugin). Could you send it to me via a support ticket please?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2020-04-02 11:48

zibrahim wrote:
2020-04-02 09:31
No error reported in the browser console.
Please send me the AXP file (the one inside plugins/projects rather than the one you uploaded to the plugin) via a ticket.

zibrahim
Veteran Member

Post by zibrahim » 2020-04-05 02:55

Hi guys,
I am using this new plugins a lot and I noticed that if the event started more that 2 weeks before it cross the following month, it will not be shown in the following month.
Example, my event start on April 25th 2020 and last until May 10th 2020. The event bar only will show up until 2nd May in the April Month view and when I click to the following month (May), I will not see the event anymore in the May calendar view.
But if I change the event start on April 26th, then I can see the continuity in the May calendar.
Appreciate if someone can verify this.
Thanks guys. Stay at Home.

Zala.
Staying at Home.
Zala.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2020-04-09 13:37

zibrahim wrote:
2020-04-05 02:55
Hi guys,
I am using this new plugins a lot and I noticed that if the event started more that 2 weeks before it cross the following month, it will not be shown in the following month.
Example, my event start on April 25th 2020 and last until May 10th 2020. The event bar only will show up until 2nd May in the April Month view and when I click to the following month (May), I will not see the event anymore in the May calendar view.
But if I change the event start on April 26th, then I can see the continuity in the May calendar.

Zala.
Staying at Home.
I'll investigate this issue and see if it can be fixed. My guess is that fullcalendar issues an ajax request to retrieve events, with a specific start and end date ... The ajax response sends the events in the requested date range ... but maybe this needs to be changed so that the events sent are those starting a bit earlier than the specified start date. I'll investigate this and make the necessary fixes in the next release.

mysh_eireannach
Veteran Member

Post by mysh_eireannach » 2020-04-11 16:53

zibrahim wrote:
2020-04-05 02:55
Hi guys,

Zala.
Staying at Home.
Hello all

+1 I have same issue! Some of my events (Projects) more than 6 months, and not appear in the Calendar.

Please find solution

mysh_eireannach
Veteran Member

Post by mysh_eireannach » 2020-05-05 11:33

Hi Ahmed,

Any updates regarding fix
if the event started more than 2 weeks before it cross the following month, it will not be shown in the following month.
Example, my event start on April 25th 2020 and last until May 10th 2020.
issue?

I can't use my Calendar Plugin, my Events in Project tracker, all cross months. And Calendar Plugin show correct only 5% events in calendar.

Please find solution.

ronwill
Veteran Member

Post by ronwill » 2020-05-26 13:32

Anyone else having issue with displaying events on iPads / iPhones (see images)?
Working for other devices.
devices.jpg
devices.jpg (106.2 KiB) Viewed 455877 times

sathukorala
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by sathukorala » 2020-07-10 15:09

Calendar plugin doesn't support YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format (like 2020-07-01 05:54:00) but the SPM plugin uses YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format

Is there a way to change SPM date time format to other formats like YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS format?
Or is there a way around to avoid this hassle?