Custom CSV Import Plugin For Appgini

Topics related to AppGini plugins/add-ons go here.
rngoda
Veteran Member

Custom CSV Import Plugin For Appgini

Post by rngoda » 2020-02-05 18:53

Hello, amazing Appgineers :D
I am a proud Appgini user who has used the tool for five years now. Over the years I have experienced a challenge with the Appgini CSV import feature, whereby I have no control over the data I want to import like: performing validations, calculations, and other data formatting operations.
This led me to develop a custom plugin that would then help me easily do a lot of operations and take control of the data I want to import into my application.
Assuming you have data from another application not related to Appgini, and you wish to import data into your appgini application, and you have to do things like format the date format, do calculations and validations before insert. This will be very difficult with the current appgini CSV import. But good enough I have developed a plugin that helped me do all this. With the plugin, you can easily create custom CSV upload pages which you will write your custom logic to be executed before data is inserted into your application. You also have control where to insert the data using inbuilt appgini functions like sql(), and many others.
You can also be presented with a code editor to edit your code right inside your appgini application. This gives you an easy time if you are creating your custom pages online and not on your local code editor on your PC.
Upon creation of a custom CSV upload page, it comes with a ready-made template with a well-commented code for you to start writing your custom logic, just like you do in hooks.
Screenshots attached below:
image 1: Home page of the plugin where you can create custom CSV upload pages out of the box, edit or delete your pages.
image 2: Sample CSV upload page.

You can now find the plugin here: https://gum.co/lBZEf
Feel free to leave your comments , suggestions, improvements, and views
I'm a software engineer specializing in web database application development for complex scalable web apps.

Buy AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini: HERE
Buy Cloud Storage Plugin For Appgini HERE

Checkout AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini Tutorials On Youtube

For support Email: [email protected] Whatsappp: Me Here

angus
Veteran Member

Re: Custom CSV Import Plugin For Appgini

Post by angus » 2022-08-28 14:19

Hi Ron, I just purchased this but dont see any samples for me to create the uploads

can you share maybe a step by step on how to get this to work
AppGini 22.13