in mass update, how to update the project file

Topics related to AppGini plugins/add-ons go here.
pilandros
Veteran Member

in mass update, how to update the project file

Post by pilandros » 2020-01-22 18:34

I am using the mass update plugin and it runs smoothly.

But, If go go back to my original project file and modify a field list from some tables (ie, adding fields) in Appgini, then update (upload the modified scripts) and go back to my live running project, and I need to add a mass update command, when I see the field's list from a table, I will NOT get the current (or updated) field list unless I upload the current project file.

But when I do that, I lose my mass update plugins, and I have not seen if I lose also other plugins' parameters. But I had several mass update commands that I found lost since my last project update.

What can I do to backup the mass update commands, and for this matter, any of the other plugins' parameters (like search page maker and summary reports, and yes I have all 3 plugins installed)

David Soul
Veteran Member

Re: in mass update, how to update the project file

Post by David Soul » 2020-01-23 00:40

Same impact seen with search plugin;
It drives me crazy but the way the update is done I doubted anything could be done other than start at the top and work to the bottom of building new entry for each table.
Fingers crossed for a solution now . . .
David HC Soul

Core::AppGini 5.93
Plugins: Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Mass update plugin
Bizzworxx: AppGini Helper JavaScript Library + AppGini Helper Detail View Plug-in + AppGini Helper pack
Utilities: Global Search utility

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2020-01-29 18:07

All AppGini plugins save their config into the uploaded AXP project file, not the original one. The uploaded AXP can be found inside the plugins/projects folder. So, the recommended workflow to use when working with plugins and AppGini is:
  1. Upload your AXP project file to the plugin you're using and make the desired changes.
  2. Download the AXP from the folder plugins/projects to your PC, overwriting the original AXP file you uploaded before.
  3. Open that AXP in AppGini to make any desired changes and save it.
  4. Repeat from step 1 above.
Step 2 above can be done currently using FTP or by directly typing the URL of the AXP project file -- both methods are not very straightforward I know ... So, we plan to add a 'Download project' link in future plugin updates to make it easier.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

sacgtdev
Veteran Member

Post by sacgtdev » 2020-12-27 07:08

Dear Ahmad,

Can you make some example? I don't understand the workflow that you have describe, my understanding is in blue text:

1. Upload your AXP project file to the plugin you're using and make the desired changes.

Assuming there is old axp already uploaded before. I re-upload the new axp and it will renamed as axp-2. The new settings will be using axp-2.

2. Download the AXP from the folder plugins/projects to your PC, overwriting the original AXP file you uploaded before.

Download axp-2 and overwrite the axp. How to merge the old setting to the new settings?

3. Open that AXP in AppGini to make any desired changes and save it.

.. :?

Repeat from step 1 above.

sacgtdev
Veteran Member

Post by sacgtdev » 2020-12-28 12:52

My workaround is download the axp from the previously uploaded axp (for plugins) to continue modify/improve/make amendments for the project.
After done, re-run the project which it will then overwrite the files in the root folder except the hooks.
After done, re-upload the latest modified axp into the plugins and delete the old axp. The settings of the previous plugins will be preserved.
Add new settings and re-rerun the plugins. This will overwriting the existing php and js files inside hooks (generated by the plugins).

Be cautious if there is any custom editing on those php and js as it will be overwritten. Always backup a copy for reference.