Record ownership problem - urgent

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
d.smith

Record ownership problem - urgent

Post by d.smith » 2013-12-19 12:47

Having a problem with switching record ownership. This problem has just appeared (no changes made to structure of DB or any other edits). After changing the ownership of several records if I select owner group 'owners' the autofill field 'owner members' is not being populated, the only users being show are admin. Meaning I can not transfer ownership of the record to said 'owners' group?

This is a big issue as I rely on this function to give my owners access to their records.

As I mentioned above all was working fine and no changes have been made. Is this a bug?

Running Appgini 5.22.

Would really appreciate advice on this and how to resolve the issue.

Many thanks,
Dave.

Why does this always happen when I'm on a deadline....... :(

d.smith

Re: Record ownership problem - urgent

Post by d.smith » 2013-12-19 15:09

Until I can get this resolved this is what I did to get around the above issue:

Created a new user in the group 'owners'.

Transferred ownership of the 'admin' records to the new user in the group 'owners'.

This then allowed me to select the new owner of the record and save it.

Its a workaround but am not happy doing this for every new record.

:geek:

d.smith

Post by d.smith » 2014-01-03 11:59

42 views and no reply? Does anyone have an answer for this problem or do I just have to live with it.....? Has now done it on another of my Appgini databases..

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2014-01-04 00:39

ownership transfer had some bugs in 5.1x and I think Ahmad was looking into fixing these for 5.2x. Sounds as though perhaps the bugs are still there... Something only Ahmad can fix I'm afraid.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-01-08 15:31

I just checked ownership transfer now (I understand you are using the "Batch Transfer Of Ownership" in the admin area) and it's working normally. Could you kindly describe steps for reproducing this issue, please?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

d.smith

Post by d.smith » 2014-01-10 10:36

I'm an IDIOT!!

Human error is the problem here. If I don't save the new owner group before picking the owner then I deserve to be left slapping my own forehead.

I have been using Appgini for years and I missed a basic step as outlined clearly in the documentation... :oops:

Forgive me, I help to look after 60+ rescue horses and it has been a tough few weeks!

;)

pilandros
Veteran Member

Post by pilandros » 2014-02-22 19:17

d.smith wrote:I'm an IDIOT!!

Human error is the problem here. If I don't save the new owner group before picking the owner then I deserve to be left slapping my own forehead.

I have been using Appgini for years and I missed a basic step as outlined clearly in the documentation... :oops:

Forgive me, I help to look after 60+ rescue horses and it has been a tough few weeks!

;)
NO, we believe you are NOT, since you were posting a real problem you were facing, and you are admiting it was a mis-view of your code or parameters. It's simply a matter of working under pressure that all have at some point. Thanks for your posting, it helps to know what others are facing anyways.