escape apostrophe's in older version

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
davea0511

escape apostrophe's in older version

Post by davea0511 » 2013-11-14 21:30

I'm running an older verson of a heavily modified AppGini interface, and in that version it does not escape the apostrophe character. This character is messing up one of my lookup fields (it's actually a multi-item select field that I added - not a native appGini feature).

How do I escape the apostrophe?

It will probably be easier to use regex just to prevent it's use ... but I'm an idiot when it comes to regex. Recommendations on how to use it to prevent apostrophe's (like what and where in the code)?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: escape apostrophe's in older version

Post by a.gneady » 2013-11-17 23:32

please see the documentation of get_magic_quotes_gpc
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.