URGENT ISSUE - Showing Duplicates in AppGini Database

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
toconnell
Veteran Member

URGENT ISSUE - Showing Duplicates in AppGini Database

Post by toconnell » 2013-09-19 15:17

I am showing duplicate entries in the AppGini Database, however in the phpadmin I only see one record. It is only showing duplicate in the application.
It is very confusing to view..
Any idea what can cause this?
I need to fix it asap.. anyone help please.
http://www.bigschoolbus.com/issue1.png

But in PHPMyAdmin the record only shows one record!

This is very strange and I need help. I also noticed in the detail view setting the parent/children records option is greyed out but there are two fields with Look up fields.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Re: URGENT ISSUE - Showing Duplicates in AppGini Database

Post by toconnell » 2013-09-19 20:29

I attached the file for the database below. Just in case you need it. Thanks, Tina
Attachments
asdata.zip
This is my app gini file for this database.
(29.03 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-09-20 12:24

OK.. now I have 250,000 of each record showing.. UG!
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-09-20 17:33

Please help me.. I cannot figure out what is causing this..

I have looked over the changes from the last file to the latest file and the only thing different I can see is I added a few VARCHAR fields to one table.
I have also made three fields "cannot change" to the table that is having the issues.
I have done a look up from another table for one field in the table that is having the issues.. routes table.

No tables are missing Primary keys.

Please email me for any other information you might need to help me: [email protected]
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-09-23 20:36

I seriously need help.. this problem has gotten HUGE..

Now.. I show the relational table routes, is missing all driver's assigned..
this is a look up field from compliance table.

I checked the index's on the compliance table, optimized it in sql, and limited the index to just the name and the record id.

deleted the data in routes and reimported the data once checked and cleaned and still same issue..

So no data is not showing in the appgini database at all but it is showing in the sql database.. the data is there but it is just not appearing.

Please help me.. SOMEONE! :oops:
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Re: URGENT ISSUE - Showing Duplicates in AppGini DB-SOLVED

Post by toconnell » 2013-09-24 14:09

OK.. I figured it out... The look up field has an advanced button. Although I had changed the primary field on the compliance table to Record ID as we did not have a ss number and that could not be it.. well the query in that advanced field never updated in the look up. Then I corrected the query to use record ID to be individual and wa la.. names are showing when re-entered.. sucky part is I have to enter them now.. all 394. UG.

At least it is fixed and all is functioning now.

Thanks so much for those who offered help.

Regards, Tina
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-22 19:10

Issues are resolved with the duplicates but my look ups are still having issues.. I am noticing when you save the file in app gini and go back into a look up field the query reverts back to the incorrect query.. it still needs fixing and I have the new beta version.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-10-24 21:32

Tina, could you kindly provide more details for reproducing this bug? Do you have a lookup field with a custom query (via the advanced window) and the query gets reset to an old value after saving? Please clarify.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-25 13:14

I figured out the problem. I had a field that was primary.. NAME.. which was unique until we got two employee with the same name.. first and last.. so no longer unique. I added a field RECORD ID number which should have been the primary ID in the first place and made it the primary ID. The database did not like that I did that.. and after that primary field was changed any similiar names now were no longer required to be UNIQUE.. the similiar names were showing as duplicates. Once I deleted all the duplicates and exported the data I created a new database based on the fields up loaded the data and my data is fine now. No more duplicates.. Thanks, Tina
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

AhmedBR
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by AhmedBR » 2013-10-25 13:56

Tina,
This could create a problem later, as you might add the same person again and again.

Add another field (or maybe something you already have), like Passport number, or Driving License, or something that is UNIQUE for each person even if they have same name to prevent duplicates.
AppGini 22.14 - xampp 3.3.0 - PHP 7.4.30 - Summary reports - Calendar - Mass update - Messages - AppGiniHelper

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-28 19:58

Yes, I realized that Amad. That is why I had to change the primary key to Record_id from Name.
So the change of the Primary key is what caused the duplicates issue..

When it was changed any file that was previously surpressed due to Name being UNIQUE and primary was now showing up.. when the primary was changed to record ID.. so we have multiple duplications.. Once I got rid of the duplicates the problem did not repeat and now that the record Id is the new primary key for all tables.. then I don't have this issue anymore.

The only think I have an issue with now is lookups when saved are not saving the data.. they are showing up perfectly.. then you save changes, and open up the file and the data is not there in grid or detail views.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN