Imports on Lookup fields - field data dissapears in detail

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
toconnell
Veteran Member

Imports on Lookup fields - field data dissapears in detail

Post by toconnell » 2013-07-02 19:11

I did a list of options on one table called bus_status, one of the fields there is called "LOCATIONS" to avoid them putting in spaces and not being able to get consistant reporting I wanted to limit the choices of Locations.. here is the kicker.. we imported the data using the CSV option and the "location" for one of the buses did not match the list of options I put in app gini.. grid view its there, its fine, then we went to the detail view and that data was gone.. like nothing there at all. I went to sql using phpmyadmin and it was there.. when I choose the correct option and save it, it is fine.. now I go to the next one which had the location EXACTLY as it was supposed to be.. well that one is blank too in detail view, but shows in the grid view.. in detail view if there is even one imported entry that does not match.. all entries blank out as soon as you click to view the detail view.

Its a little bug but would be better if it just added it as an option when imported or stopped and errored on import saying data did not match options or soemthing??

Thanks, Tina
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Re: Imports on Lookup fields - field data dissapears in deta

Post by toconnell » 2013-07-02 19:13

There is also the same kind of issue when you use a look up..
if the data on import does not match one of the lookup item the field blanks out in detail view but shows fine in grid view and if you save it without correcting that fields data it will erase the field data that was showing in grid view and in sql.

it would be really nice to have a lookup option and and have one bottom one that said.. can not find my option here.. add one.. Can that be done?

Thanks, Tina
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN