Why look up fields set themselves as Integer?

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
bambinou
Veteran Member

Why look up fields set themselves as Integer?

Post by bambinou » 2013-06-28 13:59

Hello,

I am having a problem.

I have created a table with various fields, then on a second table, I have set lookups from the first table.

1)My first problem is that the pictures from the first tables are not showing "as is" in the second table, I only see the files names.

2)Each time I try to set one of these lookup fields as varchar, on the next mouse click they come back to Integer.

Any idea why please?

Thank you,

Ben

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Why look up fields set themselves as Integer?

Post by a.gneady » 2013-07-01 20:33

Hi Ben,

Lookup fields that point to images are not yet supported -- I plan to do so in future releases.

Regarding the data type change, this is normal because a lookup field actually stores the primary key value of the parent record. Thus, its data type is automatically set to the same as the primary key of the parent table. However, the caption field(s) you specify for the lookup would still display correctly regardless of their data type.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

bambinou
Veteran Member

Post by bambinou » 2013-07-01 20:40

Hi Ahmed

I see, thank you for the reply.
Ouch, not having this image lookup is hard for hr or training softwares.
It will be nice when this update will be out.
When will you release a major update please?

THank you

Ben

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-07-01 20:55

:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

dilitimor
Veteran Member

Post by dilitimor » 2013-07-23 06:00

Ben,

I solved this problem by editing tablename_templatetv.html
Change the filed type into picture, then it will display the image from first table

dilitimor