Bug in the advanced lookup options win 7

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
bambinou
Veteran Member

Bug in the advanced lookup options win 7

Post by bambinou » 2013-06-27 09:41

Hello,

Appgini keeps crashing when I enter a mysql query in the Advanced lookup options. I keep seeing this error:
An error occurred during the program execution.
Sub:MyTable.addParentsXML
Error code: 7
Error text: Out of memory

I have closed appgini, uninstalled it, resintalled, same
I have then deleted the field, re-added it and re-added the query, same problem.

This is the query I added:

SELECT count(city) as count, city FROM table_name GROUP BY city ORDER BY count

Any idea why please?

Thank you,

bambinou
Veteran Member

Re: Bug in the advanced lookup options win 7

Post by bambinou » 2013-06-27 09:57

It seems that the bug was due to having set the parent table as the same one that was set. This seems to cause an infinite loop or something as the program runs out of memory.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-07-01 20:23

Hi Ben,

Could you send me the AXP project file to have a look on this. Please also let me know the steps to reproduce the error.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

bambinou
Veteran Member

Post by bambinou » 2013-07-02 16:25

Hi Ahmed,

Unfortunately, I did not see your thread on time and restarted a new file.
I believe you could reproduce the same bug by creating 2 new tables, on the second table, try to set it as it's own parent table(which sounds weird but we may do it by mistake). When I did this last time I kept having an error and could not do anything at all with the software unless I manually deleted that table. The problem was to find which one.....

I hope this helps,

Thank you,

Ben

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-07-10 15:58

Thanks for your reply ... I'm inspecting this issue and will make any necessary fixes for it in the next release.
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

bambinou
Veteran Member

Post by bambinou » 2013-07-10 18:12

Good luck :-)

Ben

rdinsbach

Post by rdinsbach » 2013-10-16 12:59

I have the same problem since a couple of weeks.
Is there a solution for this?

Reggie

bambinou
Veteran Member

Post by bambinou » 2013-10-16 17:37

Hi Reggie,

As I posted above, it is a parent table problem. Try to delete some of the latest tables you have created as one of them will be causing the crash.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ben

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-10-18 18:37

I've investigated the "out of memory" issue and I found that it occurs when you have a lookup field whose parent table is the same table containing the lookup AND one of the caption fields is the lookup field itself ... For example, you have table Z, and field X in table Z ... you set field X as a lookup whose parent table is Z and parent caption field is X ... this causes an endless loop and eventually out of memory error. I've made a fix in the next release to prevent selecting a field as a parent caption to itself.

bambinou
Veteran Member

Post by bambinou » 2013-10-18 22:17

Hi Ahmed,

You are right, this is exactly what is happening:-)

Will the 5.20 version be released this week end?

Thank you,

Regards

Ben

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-22 19:09

I have the new 5.20 version now and look-ups still have some issues.

I have table routes and table yard.

Table yard has fields yard, county, school name, school contact phone number, record id number
Table routes has fields route number, am driver, pm driver, unit assigned, county, school name, school phone number

I have a look up from the parent table yard in the routes table for the field yard. It is set to integer as the primary key for the Yard table is record id number.
I have the field yard set to normal look up, and the other matching fields like school name, school phone number ect.. as auto fill.

Not even the normal look up is appearing on the routes table. When I build and load the file it looks like there is nothing in that filed but a blank field. You cannot click or enter anything.

Is there still issues with the look up fields? I really need this to work.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-22 19:21

I am attaching the axp file for you to review if you want.
Attachments
asdata2.zip
This is my axp file for this sand box database.
(23.19 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-22 20:27

OK I deleted the fields and re-did them just for kicks.. now they are there and when I click yard all the other information fills in. I save it and it says successful. I see all the data.. but I go outta that table and back in and the data is GONE! I am not sure what is going on.. this is a hot mess.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-22 20:34

The school_yard is showing in php as type integer, but the rest are showing type varchar.. this looks right to me. Not sure why they are showing null value. Any help would be apreciated. This forum has started to grow quiet. I really need support help on this pretty please with sugar on top anyone.
Updated file attached.

Thanks
Attachments
asdata2UPDATED.zip
updated file- rebuilt fields with issues
(23.23 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

AhmedBR
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by AhmedBR » 2013-10-22 22:18

I took a look at your application and found one error:

Here is the error:
Creating table compliance ... Failed <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
MySQL said:Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key

Maybe this is what causing your problem (not sure though, but it is an error that has to be corrected anyway) ;)
AppGini 22.14 - xampp 3.3.0 - PHP 7.4.30 - Summary reports - Calendar - Mass update - Messages - AppGiniHelper

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-10-23 02:06

Lookups have some pending issues in 5.20 beta that I'm working on currently ... I estimate the new release will be available next Monday or Tuesday.

bambinou
Veteran Member

Post by bambinou » 2013-10-23 08:23

Hi Ahmed,

Always working hard :-))

Thank you so much!! I absolutely love this new version, so clean and beautiful.....:-)

Ben

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-23 12:43

Ahmed,

Thank you.. I did that correction.. wierd.. that was already supposed to be record Id that was the primary key which is auto increment.. for some reason it made the comments column a primary. Wierd. Fixed that. Thank you. But it does not solve my other issue.. I will be looking for the new release on Monday or Tuesday with the look up fixes. Thanks, Tina

Please note the look up fields where you can auto fill are not saving the data.. I did get them to work and appear now.. but they are not saving when you save the record and then click on it.. the fields are blank where you had the auto fill data. Even though it says saved successfully.

Thanks, Tina
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-28 20:06

Ahmed,
Waiting with eager anticipation for the updates to fix the look up options.. I got them working.. the pull in the data and the auto fills.. all work now with 5.2.. the only problem is they do not SAVE the data when you click SAVE CHANGES. Not sure what the issue is but once that is fixed my updated application will be BEAUTIFUL and much better functioning with the new bootstrap.. it is so much faster and more responsive than the old version. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

I went and rated you on HotScripts too!!
5 stars!!!!

Thanks again!

Please shoot me the version with the look ups cleaned up as soon as your done.. or just post on here.. I will watch it.

Thanks, Tina
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-10-28 23:26

Hmm .. Just making sure if I understand correctly: Did you download 5.20 final release (issued today) and find lookups not saving changes? I ask because this issue was tested and fixed .. But if you still see it, could you please send me your project file and if possible a dump of the data to inspect this?

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-29 12:19

No.. did not know you did the fix today.. I will check on that .. and let you know asap.. Thanks Ahmed!!
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-29 13:41

Ahmed,

I actually did do the install of the lastest version and now it is saving.. but I cannot edit it after the save..

I have created a sandbox version for you to log in and see.. for now..

I am sending you this in a support request.
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-29 14:03

Here is the app gini file for it.
Attachments
asdata2.zip
app gini file
(21.76 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-29 15:37

It is the routes table only that is acting funky now.. see above for updated axp file.

scroll bar is working.. now.. after refresh.. very strange..
now when I click a record in routes table.. it gets a black arrow to the left of all rows but brings up in the detail view a blank record. I can edit that and if I do it says Could not save changes yet the changes are actually saved now on the record I meant to edit. But I can not see the prior data that should be there when you click on it. Very strange..

This table has lots of lookup data in it.. so there is less data entry..

The route number, the school details, county and drivers are all details to assign to the route which come from different tables.

Not sure why this one is not working like it should. Can you help Ahmed?

Thanks so much, Tina
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-10-29 15:38

Oh in your support requests I put in the access to the live database.. http://www.bigschoolbus.com/asdata2 with your own user name and password.

Please let me know if you need anything else to take a look.
You have admin rights.
Thanks, Tina
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN