Cannot start Appgini

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
salthouse

Cannot start Appgini

Post by salthouse » 2023-12-01 22:08

I have not used Appgini for a month or so and when I tried today, I received "Error -2147024893 (The system cannot find the path specified.) in procedure migrate_settings of Module XMLSettings". When I click ok, I get a never ending number of similar messages. The only way to stop is to kill the task.

I have not moved anything related to Appgini.

I have tried uninstalling/re-installing and downloading a new version. The install seems to work ok but as soon as Appgini starts, the same error occurs.

salthouse

Re: Cannot start Appgini

Post by salthouse » 2023-12-27 00:40

I finally got back to this problem (after doing manual DB changes).

This time, I uninstalled the trial version, found the downloaded exe for the last upgrade that I did (not the current version) and reinstalled it.

Then I restored the backup of the AXP file, started AppGini, opened the AXP and, viola, it worked!

No idea why it worked this time but not before.

One thing that did happen during this whole process was OneDrive backing up the Documents folder (which contained the AXP file) which it did by moving all the files to a new directory (OneDrive). This may have impacted finding the AXP but should never have caused this error.