Forum login fails

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Forum login fails

Post by onoehring » 2023-05-15 07:32

Hi,
anyone else?
An error I experience here in the forum:
I am logged in. When I try to answer a post I need to log in again. Sometimes multiple times before actual posting is possible.

Olaf

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Forum login fails

Post by jsetzer » 2023-05-15 08:23

Yes, happens to me from time to time. Got used to copying all text to clipboard before pressing Submit button.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

zibrahim
Veteran Member

Post by zibrahim » 2023-05-15 14:25

Yes, me too :)
Zala.
Appgini 24.10.1579, MacOS 14.3.1 Windows 11 on Parallels.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2023-05-15 16:14

I guess what happens here is that the reply form uses a csrf token that expires within a limited time frame. If you don't send a reply within that time frame, the error occurs. If you're sending a long reply, you could try copying your reply before submitting, refreshing the page, then pasting the reply and submitting.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by D Oliveira » 2023-05-15 20:58

a.gneady wrote:
2023-05-15 16:14
I guess what happens here is that the reply form uses a csrf token that expires within a limited time frame. If you don't send a reply within that time frame, the error occurs. If you're sending a long reply, you could try copying your reply before submitting, refreshing the page, then pasting the reply and submitting.
it can be very frustrating to write an elaborate answer with code and lose all of its content on submit, this error actually happened as im writing this message which was a 1 min typing window, can you please track with jquery a onchange event and save to cookies the contents of new drafts? that way its always saved, its very easy to forget about this bug and lose motivation to rewrite

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2023-05-16 04:50

Hi guys,

thanks for all the replies.
And this, Jan, is what I am doing too ... very annoying.
jsetzer wrote:
2023-05-15 08:23
Yes, happens to me from time to time. Got used to copying all text to clipboard before pressing Submit button.
Olaf

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2023-05-16 04:55

Hi Ahmed,

sure, we understand the importance of security. But this behaviour even occurs when trying to log in.... There should be enough time for the server to check credentials :-)
You have a button "remember me", even when this is checked when logging in (eventually successful), I get kicked out again and have to try to sign in again.

As others seem to have the same problem, maybe there is another reason? phpbb was (at least in the past) the discussion board. I do not think, that millions of other users on the web would tolerate a problem like this for long.

Olaf

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2023-05-16 13:07

OK, first of all I need to clarify that I didn't develop the code of the forum :D ... however, if I understand correctly, it seems that this is a new behavior that didn't exist before, right? I didn't face this issue myself except when writing a very long reply and leaving the reply form open without submitting for maybe 30 minutes or so. But if you're seeing this behavior in much shorter time periods, this is certainly very annoying .. I'll try to reproduce this issue and see what can be changed to fix it.
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2023-05-16 16:07

Hi Ahmed ,

I would say, the problem exists at least for 6 month, probably since last June.

Olaf

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2023-05-17 21:07

I made some changes to cloudflare settings today that I guess should fix this issue. If it still persists, please let me know.

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2023-05-19 07:04

Hi Ahmed,

thank you. I am sure many people will be thankful ... and surely let you know :-)
Take care
Olaf