forgotten password email rejected as spam

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
baudwalker
Veteran Member

forgotten password email rejected as spam

Post by baudwalker » 2022-10-05 22:09

Hi All,
Just recently forgotten password email are being rejected as spam by one specific provider, bigpond.com. this is one of Austrelia's largest ISP.

***start email reply***
This is the mail system at host special-mail-relay-1.45ru.net.au.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.
If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.
The mail system

<[email protected]>: host extmail.bigpond.com[203.36.172.106] said: 558
5.7.1 6307E8FD0A3CFEEF Message content rejected due to suspected spam.
IB703 (in reply to end of DATA command)

***end email reply***

it seems to be the active hyperlink is the problem, as if I manually remove the hyperlink, it seems to work. So, my question is how can I edit the reply email to remove the hyperlink and just have the plain text so the user can copy and paste?

Barry

peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: forgotten password email rejected as spam

Post by peebee » 2022-10-06 23:40

The password reset message sent is formatted in these lines of code in membership_passwordReset.php (line 132 in V22.14)

Code: Select all

// determine password reset URL
			$ResetLink = application_url("membership_passwordReset.php?key={$key}");

// send reset instructions
			sendmail([
				'to' => $row['email'],
				'subject' => $Translation['password reset subject'],
				'message' => nl2br(str_replace('<ResetLink>', $ResetLink, $Translation['password reset message'])),
			]);
		}
I imagine you can either edit the $ResetLink variable or the actual 'message' to suit your purpose? You could also edit the 'password reset subject' $translation string to provide extra instruction if you wished to?

Good luck with Bigpond/Telstra. Being a fellow Australian, I feel your pain. I really wish they would stop interfering and deciding what's best for us.

baudwalker
Veteran Member

Re: forgotten password email rejected as spam

Post by baudwalker » 2022-10-08 07:08

That is the major reason I don't use Telstra, but as you would know the majority do.
Thank you for your prompt reply. But I really require a way to have the link in plain text not as a hyperlink.