Lookup field not populating database if hidden

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
rpierce
Veteran Member

Lookup field not populating database if hidden

Post by rpierce » 2022-03-16 06:19

I think I've found a bug in version 22.11 and 22.12. It's probably me but I need better minds to check it out.

I have an app for writing Job Hazard Analysis. One table has many lookup fields. Several fields are ID's from other tables. The id's are set to auto fill and are also hidden in table view and detail view. I simply need them for reference to their parent tables in the database.

When these lookup auto fill fields are not hidden, everything works beautifully. However, as soon as I hide them, they stop populating the database. Un hide them and they resume populating the database.

I reverted back to version 5.97 and everything works beautifully when the fields are hidden.

Since I have things working in 5.97, I'm not too worried about it. But I would like to use the most recent versions to take advantage of improvements.

jkingston

Re: Lookup field not populating database if hidden

Post by jkingston » 2022-03-29 01:01

I concur, this is happening to me as well. When I rolled back to the previous version, the problem went away.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2022-04-03 23:59

To make sure I understand this issue, you have a visible, editable lookup field plus one or more hidden auto-fill lookups. When you set the value of the editable lookup field, the hidden auto-fill lookup field doesn't get populated. Is that correct?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

jkingston

Post by jkingston » 2022-04-13 23:44

Correct

jkingston

Post by jkingston » 2023-02-07 04:06

The issue is happening again, Rev 22.14 Build 1293

Calculated fields are not populating