Fields content deleted

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
wilmira
Veteran Member

Fields content deleted

Post by wilmira » 2021-11-22 23:24

I am currently using the Version 5.98 revision 1216 of Appgini.

When I create a new field and move it up immediately, it causes an error that delete the fields below the one I just moved. Let me explain what I have done:
1. I have created an app with 2 tables and deploy it.
2. I nocticed I needed another field in one of the tables so I created it, set the name and the caption and move it some positions up.
3. First, the name of the field changed but the caption remains.
4. After placing the field on its final place, I could save the changes, but when I deploy the app, Appgini told me that it was an error in field (without specifying the name of the field).
5. The program stopped and the only thing I could do was close it.
6. After I oppened Appgini again to work in the app, the content of the fields below the field moved was deleted.
7. This happened twice, because when I was testing the app, I realized that I needed some other fields.

Can you please check this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Attachments
Captura de pantalla (210).png
Before creating a new field
Captura de pantalla (210).png (163.63 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
Captura de pantalla (211).png
After creating a new field and moved it up
Captura de pantalla (211).png (158.99 KiB) Viewed 1146 times

wilmira
Veteran Member

Re: Fields content deleted

Post by wilmira » 2021-11-22 23:26

Something else, the firs field the ID field dessapeared as well.

peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by peebee » 2021-11-23 01:44

I had exactly the same thing happen to me recently (think it may have been using V5.97 and not V5.98 though?). Can't remember if I was moving fields up/down or not but I do remember many fields disappearing and many being renamed field_xxxx. It was a big job with many tables/fields. Fortunately I had a backup .axp file so it wasn't so much a of big deal.

At the time - I did have multiple instances of Appgini open simultaneously (which I used to do regularly) and I was experiencing this error issue mentioned here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4512

I presumed it may have been related to that error so I closed down all but one instance of Appgini and had no further problem. I now only have one Appgini open at a time.

Did you happen to have more than one instance of Appgini open when the problem occurred?

wilmira
Veteran Member

Post by wilmira » 2021-11-23 16:54

Hi Peebe,

No, I just had one instance opened. And I had done this before with previous versions (adding new fields and move them up) and did not have this issue. Fortunatelly I was just starting, but it is always good to have a backup copy of the job.