Record Owner Change

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
aarlauskas
Veteran Member

Record Owner Change

Post by aarlauskas » 2021-10-23 21:29

Hi, I have two apps running. When I want to change record owner from table view, I tick one or few records, then go to More/Change Owner.. Now on one of the apps I can select any registered user (no matter what group, admin and other) and change the owner. However on my second app I can change record owner to someone from Admin group only. I can’t figure out why. Any advice? Can I make my second app to assign records to any group member?? Thanks
only_admin_New.JPG
only_admin_New.JPG (26.01 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
any_user_New_New.JPG
any_user_New_New.JPG (38.88 KiB) Viewed 1493 times

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Record Owner Change

Post by pbottcher » 2021-10-24 14:47

Hi,

is it possible that in the app where you only see the admin(s) proposed, the others do not have access to the table?
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

aarlauskas
Veteran Member

Re: Record Owner Change

Post by aarlauskas » 2021-10-24 19:19

Hi Buddy, thanks for the tip.. Basicaly...:The users do have access to the table, but if the user group is set to no access, then I only see Admins on the list. You need to ensure you have set at least View permission for this table under Admin/Groups.

DO NOT just apply permissions with the above option, will not work.. Go to groups and apply from there as well.
permissions.JPG
permissions.JPG (17.86 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
As always Pascal, many Thanks!